snorkel, what’s it good for?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In Little Cayman last year they were using snorkles to kill Lionfish...Yeah, doesn't make sense and doesn't sound very efficient (it is not, quite a mess and they get stung sometimes), but they think it is in compliance with their marine park laws??

In Little Cayman last year they were using snorkles to kill Lionfish...Yeah, doesn't make sense and doesn't sound very efficient (it is not, quite a mess and they get stung sometimes), but they think it is in compliance with their marine park laws??

You just gave me a great idea for my next invention, a mini spear loaded snorkel for nailing those little bastards.
It could be something agent 007 or Max Smart would be proud of.

Now that I know that I'm going to have to use it way more often. I'll be thinking of you guys and smiling and giggling about your contempt for my sorry useless incompetent ass that uses a snorkel. I also have a very BIG knife on my waistband for killing enemy...

I just got a big strap-on knife for exactly the same purpose. Look out snorkel haters.

I don't use the snorkel, but I have had two dives where it would have been a convenience. So it's back in my tote.

I use a snorkel when I don't have a BC. I have a rule against following all agency standards at the same time.

What a hot button using/not using a snorkel is. If it creates problems for you don't use it, if it makes your surface swims more comfortable, use it

Agree 100%--------so I ask why make the stupid post to begin with?.....

Agree 100%--------so I ask why make the stupid post to begin with?.....

Because some of us don't have a life, if you don't mind.
Some of those posts took me quite a few turns of my handy mouse roller to get to the bottom of. I'd take me three hours to pick apart a post like that. Quote, un qoute, proof read, yada yada.

Things on list for trolling material:

Split fins vs paddle fins
Black only gear vs all other colors of gear
Aluminum vs stainless
Stainless vs brass
BP/W vs everything else
DIR vs everybody else
Wetsuit vs drysuit
Big knife vs little sawed off steak knife
LDS vs internet dealers
Ankle weights
Sheers vs. Knives