Snorkeldive Aruba, anyone??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Current wasn't too bad on the days we went out to the reef, checked on sat map, the distance from bowl to drop-off, if you swim along the sand channels, is appr. 125m. On our first stint we had stayed inside the bay and aside from the hole, weren't too impressed, until an older guy told us about the location of the reef and mentioned that he used to spearfish there 30-40 yrs ago. We followed his advice and immediately realized, that this was the place to go.

Ps.: If you have a moment, check out my Mangel Halto Album, that will give you an idea where we were.

Last edited:
Not into scuba, so I don't really know, but I would think that you end up w/ alot more drag.
My main concern is correct weight for the area I'll be diving, when taking pics you don't want to be dealing w/ buoyancy issues. My max depth is 35-40ft, and based on your info and the sat map that should make a pretty big portion of the reef accessible. Looking forward to doing lots of dives at MH in Aug, thanks for all your input.

Regards, A.

Current should not be much of an issue when you are snorkeling. With scuba gear on, it becomes much more of an issue.

Last spring we did the "extreme kayak and snorkel tour" to Mangel Halto and there were 3' waves on the swim out to the outer part of the reef. My wife wasn't doing well so I had to bring her back to the shore.

Thanks, Chadd. Glad you liked the photos, we're usually down there end of Feb and mid-Aug, how about you? Definitely interested, if the timing works out, get back to me.

A.

We're usually down for Flag and National Anthem day in March, but there were no hotel deals this year so we're heading to Cozumel in a couple weeks. I may head down for a couple days in April to meet a friend and his wife and head to Wacky Wahoos for dinner. I'll check with you if we head down around August.

Nice to hear from you, Chadd. As for your first post, you must have caught a bad day, we did MH as a shore dive 6-7 days and never encountered such conditions, outside the bay it can get a bit choppy, but it's well worth going, believe me. Going out to the reef at Baby Beach is a lot worse. Re second post, our time share is the last wk of Aug and we usually rent a small cottage in the northshore area for the week before, so if you happen to go during that period, let me know. Are you a tennisplayer(4.0+)??

Andreas

Back
Top Bottom