Snorkeldive Aruba, anyone??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arubandi07

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Spent lots of time there, if you're going and want some detailed info, let me know.
All my stuff is shore-entry and well worth it, once I figure out how to post pix, you'll see, why I love the place.

PS: Pics are posted!!

Last edited:
Nice shots. I especially like the one of the snake eel sticking out of the sand. I am going on a snorkel trip to Curacao in a few days, and I hope to get some good pics.

Thanks, Dave. Will be posting more pics soon, wondering, why the stuff went out of sequence on the upload, which was easy otherwise. As for Curacao, on my list along w/Bonaire, checked them
out on Sat Map, hope to see a trip report after your return.

Have fun, be safe. A.

Thanks again, Stichus. #1 Arashi reef, #6 Mangel Halto reef, all the other stuff is over at Boca Catalina, using Reefmaster Mini w/Wal. Too bad, BC is being flooded w/ Kats recently, still my favorite, though. Would like some info on your favorite spots, shore/ boat, max depth 45-50ft. Since you're a local, do you know anything re status quo of the Antilla oil leak??

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more! What a great place to snorkel or scuba. I don't know the name of the spot but my wife a snorkeled in one spot we "found" for so long she wound up with a 2nd degree sunburn on her back and back of her legs. The spot was a public access just after the high rise hotels. Part of the Antilla can be seen from the shore. I think the charters bring people to this spot to feed fish. Parking was about 30ft from the water. It was great place to go between scuba dives. If I ever get back there I'm bringing a light to snorkel the spot after dark.

Great pics, I only have 25 or so dives in Aruba, but I know a couple of the sites pretty well. I need to find someone to dive with down there, my wife isn't into diving but is happy to let me do as much as I want when I'm down there.

Thanks, Chadd. Glad you liked the photos, we're usually down there end of Feb and mid-Aug, how about you? Definitely interested, if the timing works out, get back to me.

A.

I couldn't agree more! What a great place to snorkel or scuba. I don't know the name of the spot but my wife a snorkeled in one spot we "found" for so long she wound up with a 2nd degree sunburn on her back and back of her legs. The spot was a public access just after the high rise hotels. Part of the Antilla can be seen from the shore. I think the charters bring people to this spot to feed fish. Parking was about 30ft from the water. It was great place to go between scuba dives. If I ever get back there I'm bringing a light to snorkel the spot after dark.

Sounds like you are talking about Malmok. A great snorkle location. Park, 20 ft walk, swim. The charters do come here but will be out further than you would likely swim from shore. Be careful with the burns! I usually wear a tee shirt while snorkeling for that reason.

Sounds like you are talking about Malmok. A great snorkle location. Park, 20 ft walk, swim. The charters do come here but will be out further than you would likely swim from shore. Be careful with the burns! I usually wear a tee shirt while snorkeling for that reason.

Malmok. Thanks! Being a bold and now old diver I did swim out to the Antilla and snorkeled around it for 1/2 hour or so took some pics of pipe fish. It's a long swim and the tide changed while I was out there and kept pushing me towards (?California point?) lighthouse on the return trip. Made it back no problem just took longer than going out. Nice place and the fish flock to you because they expect to be fed! Maybe someday I'll go back.:cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom