Snorkelling from a liveaboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kjc1989ds

Reaction score
Hello,

Just looking for a bit of advice if possible please.

Basically me and another diver along with a non-diver are going out on a weeks liveaboard in the Northern Red Sea this April. Just wondering if anybody knows if the non-diver is likely to get a chance to snorkel at all on the northerly divesites and if so is the snorkelling any good? Thanks and happy new year!

Kimball

Hi

Basically most liveaboards will facilitate snorkelling wherever they are diving as there is always boat cover by a guide or other crew. Only strong surface current would normally prevent someone being able to snorkell and even then a RIB would keep an eye on them.

However, not all sites will enable a snorkeller to see much if the reef doesn't get to within a couple of meters of the surface.

Some people really love the routine and facilities of a liveaboard whether they make every dive or not. So if the snorkeller is keen then I'm sure they'll have a good time.

bathbiggles1:
Hi

Basically most liveaboards will facilitate snorkelling wherever they are diving as there is always boat cover by a guide or other crew. Only strong surface current would normally prevent someone being able to snorkell and even then a RIB would keep an eye on them.

However, not all sites will enable a snorkeller to see much if the reef doesn't get to within a couple of meters of the surface.

Some people really love the routine and facilities of a liveaboard whether they make every dive or not. So if the snorkeller is keen then I'm sure they'll have a good time.

Hi Mate,

Thanks a lot for the reply. Best wishes,

Kimball

Back
Top Bottom