So Cal looking for a good lds to buy Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I got my cert and am now in the market to by me and my daughters Equipment. Got the fins and masks and stuff just need the Reg,Suit,BC,Tank,Octo,Computer and misc stuff. Have been to 2 dive shops and was treated pretty rudely in one. Seems to me if they don't sell it they bad mouth it which insults the person asking the question. Live in Tustin (by Disneyland) but will drive as far to SD or LA for a good shop. Just about to give in and get everything online at least I don't have to deal with someone telling me what I want is junk.
Was looking for Atomic Z1 Reg (also like Beuchat love the mask I got from them)
SeaQuest Pro qd+ BC
Henderson or Xcel or maybe go dry with DUI suit,
and have not made up mind on Computer but friend have Suumto.
Richard :confused:

Their phone number is 626-969-9875. They will treat you awesome, they know their stuff, store is just beautifully set up, good, wide range of products, including technical diving equipment, every wet suit, regulator, Suunto and every other computer you can imagine. Best of all their prices are great.

Good luck!

Try Open Water Habitat. They're in Tustin/Santa Ana, tel (714) 558-1055. The owner there is very helpful and knowledgeable.

Openwater is right around the corner from me. Went there this weekend but they had a "Gone Diving" Sign in the window.
I may pop in this week again to look around.

I think I have pretty well decided where I am goin got get the majority of my stuff.
Atomic Z1 reg LeisurePro
Seaquest Pro QD+ LP
Octo LP
misc stuff LP
Suit Either Xcel 765 or maybe a Dui Drysuit
Suumto wrist computer LP
That way I can get more bang for my bucks. Been reading a lot on the boards and LP seems to be the way to go if your on a buget.

Dont go to OPEN WATER HABITAT

They were my main dive shop for years, AVOID them like the plague.

Trymixdiver

Nothing against Gary he is a super nice guy but Mike is not trustworthy and he is the shop owner.

If you want details msg me or do a search for my posts about there practices. search for "The Last Straw!"

you may walk out of there thinking you got a deal, question is what did you get, only they know.

try sport chalet ( everywhere ), Sea stallion ( lake forest), Aqua Adventures ( burbank) or even Diversdiscount who is local to us even though its an online store.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom