So I'm moving to Libya...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice dives don't mean world-class diving!

I really don't know on what basis you reached this conclusion , but if you mean being ripped off by dive centers with big signs and consist of two men and a dog setup to be world class like in many neighboring countries , oh yes I've seen a lot of those but not in Libya.

To be honest Libya is still a virgin in this field on the basis of quantity not quality. For your information the few centers that are in this field are properly certified and ethically conduct all the diving services with great interest .

If anybody is interested to know any information about diving in Libya I would be more than happy to help out.

Arebi :wink:

What are you going to do in Libya, Uncle Larry?

I am guessing it is oil related.

Libya also has some stunning historical ruins. Like Egypt (fewer pyramids though) but without all the tourists.

Libya also has some stunning historical ruins. Like Egypt (fewer pyramids though) but without all the tourists.

Yeah, really looking forward to that, and will be posting plenty of photos pretty soon (I arrive on Sept. 6th.).

I am guessing it is oil related.

Indirectly. I'm heading over to Project Manage the construction of a small town (there's a new one for the resume!). Much of the accommodation is likely to be earmarked for oil workers, though.

Thanks to all who've replied, and expect reports back with findings and photos above and below the seas...

I'm heading over to Project Manage the construction of a small town (there's a new one for the resume!). Much of the accommodation is likely to be earmarked for oil workers, though.
So we'll be seeing you on Discovery Channel in the near future? :)

So, Uncle Larry is building a town?? Why does this somehow remind me of the time when Jose Cuervo bought their own island in the British Virgin Islands??

I wonder if Tanduay is available for a sponsorship deal??

Somehow I'm picturing 1/2 naked women and waterslides in the middle of the Libyan desert.

Can't believe no-one's mentioned the nude midget wrestling arcade. I"m utterly confident that it'll be a major hit...

Nude wrestling in banana yoghurt, of course.

I don't like Midgets...

seriously....they scare me.

Midgets in Yogurt??? *shudder*

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom