So Many Islands......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You probably won't see as many sharks in T and C compared to the Bahamas. I did see quite a lot of them , though. Even saw a Manta (pretty rare for that area). Then there is also Jo Jo the dolphin....
You will see sharks without chumming or feeding them , though. If that is your preference....

I went to San Salvador with an archaeology class but dove with Riding Rock. I had a blast and we saw 8 sharks, huge lobsters and crabs, tons of Lion fish, Parrot fish, etc.

There was no cruise ships. Only the Club Med people.

Not much for topside activities other than what is on the resort though.

Almost all Bahama operators do shark dives.

I cruised the Bahamas for eight years (worked on a liveaboard) and have to say that my favorite is San Salvador. The southern tip of the island (Sandy Point) has incredible swim thrus, tons of fish life, and vis usually in exces of 100 feet. I know you are going in July, so seeing hammerheads is rare at that time, but in winter they school and it was not unusual to see schools of 30-40.

A very close second is Conception Island. The fish life is abundant and the area is pristine because so few ever access it. It is uninhabited and a marine preserve, so you will need to find an operator to take you there. If I remember right, Stella Maris Resort on Long Island would take divers there occasionally.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom