So...we got snow!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubak

Contributor
Reaction score
Well...I had planned to dive this weekend. But I have been battling a cold and then Tim got it...then we had high winds and terrible vis...then today we had snow...Can it get any worse? Besides working like a crazy person. I have been wanting to get in the water for ever now (I know 1 week and I can't stand it)! Has anyone been diving? Where? What's the vis? I gotta get wet...this is driving me crazy!!!
I was practising fin kicks on the floor the other day...Help!!!
What's everyone else been doing???
K

Snow is the best weather to dive in :)

Drop me a line if you'd like to dive tomorrow or Tuesday afternoon -- I'm getting diving withdrawal as well, and with the ski season coming up, I need to find time for both now.

No matter how bored you get, don't eat the yello snow!

I dove Edmonds on Wednesday and Friday -- Viz wasn't great (maybe 15 feet) but there were still a lot of shiner perch and tubesnouts around. Wednesday night I was at Cove 2 with Bob and Tony, and viz would have been pretty nice had it not been for the two incredibly attentive and annoying seals who dogged us through the entire darned dive.

I feel for you, though -- I'm at work now, and tomorrow morning I leave for a WEEK in Kansas City, of all places. I'll be dry for almost ten days -- Hope the hotel has a deep bathtub :)

I dived Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Wednesday was a seal dive at "The Office" ... we didn't see much except cavorting seals and all the silt they were kicking up.

Thursday was an Edmonds dive to the Triumph and back ... nice dive and pretty good vis.

Friday and Saturday were part of my Advanced Nitrox/Deco class ... both dives were to 150 feet. Vis down there was very good, but decreasing as we ascended.

Yesterday's dive was an AOW class with two students. They were doing their midwater navigation dive. Between patterns we surfaced at the buoy, debriefed the exercise, and then went down to try another one. While debriefing, I was watching snowflakes accumulate on the hoods of my students ... but the good news was that the vis at 20 fsw was the best I've seen in a month ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

TSandM:
Wednesday night I was at Cove 2 with Bob and Tony, and viz would have been pretty nice had it not been for the two incredibly attentive and annoying seals who dogged us through the entire darned dive.
Actually, those were different seals at different depths ... "mom" is pretty identifiable because of her scars and size, and I didn't spot her till we got to the Honey Bear. There were a lot of divers in the water, and they all reported seal encounters ... I know, based on size and coloration differences, that we had at least five with us at different parts of the dive. The first one was ... I think ... Junior (all grown up) because he's unusually dark-colored.

With all the reports from all of the dive teams I think that there were a lot of seals out there stirring up the muck and having themselves a grand old time "playing" with the divers ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I was out at "the office" at 0-dark-thirty yesterday (Sunday) for my first dives as a DM candidate -- observing an OW checkout dive. We did two dives and the vis was better than it had been but not what I'd call stellar!

During the surface interval I just stood around and got cold. It was so nice to get back in the water and warm up!

Tom and I braved the high winds and waves at Day Island last night. Vis was probably 5-8 above the wall and 10-12 at the bottom. Surge from the waves kept the shallows pretty mucked up but we still managed to find a Spiny Lumpsucker in 35'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom