So what did you do this week-end?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove the wreck of the Olympic out of the port of Los Angeles with ~30 feet of viz and more fish life than I've ever seen there. Continued on to two scallop harvesting dives on the Eureka Oil Rig. Came home and fried em up with garlic butter. Pretty good little Sunday morning.

Since this a nondiving topic this fits right in. I've unfortunately been dry since February. Once my 7 year old starts little league baseball it dominates the family schedules and activities on the weekends. Then the two daughters and wife get in the act complaining they don't get enough of my time. At least I'm wanted at home.

Saturday morning would have been a good time to squeeze in a morning dive but my dive club scheduled a trip to Catalina and nobody was diving Laguna Beach. Afternoon with little league (my son's team played their best game of the year BTW and won easily) and the whole team went to the Angels game afterwards which was a lot of fun.

Sunday was shopping at Costco and my oldest daughter's dance competition. I took her but brought the little boy along as well and we practiced baseball while waiting for his sister to dance.

Overall fun weekend but no diving in sight for now. Might have an opportunity next month as baseball winds down and I did promise my daughter a dive trip for her birthday!

Taught a SCUBA Tune Up class to four divers. They had all gotten their OW Cert 1 to 4 years ago and hadn't dived at all since. Bummer! I was very happy about one of the ladies in the class. She said that her OW water class was so stressful that she burst into tears after her final dive. Yikes! She did well in my class and afterwards was all smiles and very excited to continue diving. This is one of the reasons I enjoy teaching.

Bought an HP100 tank. I've been relying on the shop tanks and thinking about it for a long time. What tipped the scales? I'm going on the M/V Spree with my daughter and wife, who both have better SAC than me. The Spree folks said I could bring my own tank. So I splurged :)

Saturday was devoted to domestic chores and Sunday, teamed up with some divers to pick up underwater garbage during a 55 min drift dive in the St Lawrence River. Water temp was a balmy 45F

Awesome weekend! Kayaked in La Jolla with my best girlfriend; dove the Olympic and the oil rigs with mathauck0814. Left my camera on the boat after my fiber optic cable broke, and learned how to harvest scallops! :)

Rethreaded my backplate with HOT PINK webbing!

Now, getting ready to start my DM course this week with one of the guys from Scott's Catalina tech boat!

Left my camera on the boat after my fiber optic cable broke, and learned how to harvest scallops! :)

Nothing better than a dinner of Scallops that you collected yourself, I have done this many times just off Oban in the north west of Scotland!

Jon

Pompano Beach, FL dive trip got blown out :(

Curse you Mother Nature!

Going out into the Gulf next weekend though :)

The local lakes are still frozen, so no diving yet. Taught an EFR class - that was pretty satisfying in it's own right.

Bill

Oh yeah, packaged up my miflex hose to send back and mailed it.

Last edited:
Picked up two of my three tanks and started sorting the gear I'll be taking on my trip that starts soon. Yay for some time off to go diving with my brother. Still need to get an adapter for his HP port though. Today I'm planning to go buy a "new to me" dry suit, if it fits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom