So,..... When you guys (& gals, of course) coming down this way?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh - and regarding the vis; we were cruising along the wall at about 20'. I looked down and could see a white boat sitting down on the bottom. I believe that thing is sitting in around 65-70' of water? that would make the vis around 45-50' looking down. Pretty awesome I thought.

What day is it??? Man I am beat.
Just for the record. I dove with two newbs and came back with both, no troubles at all. So the way that I see this is it is Chris that causes the UW problems.

:confused:We didn't even dive together! After 7 months out of the water, yes, I did have some issues from going from bathing suit diving in the Carribean to dry suit in 43 degree waters. BTW, I don't think I would have been worth a **** Sunday, I woke up and couldn't walk. My right calf muscle was tense after the dive and when you pulled my boot off it took my calf over the edge, still hurts like hell today!

Wally, really enjoyed the deep dive, even though I had forgotten how freaking cold it is down there. I'm going to have to work on my navigation down there so I can get around as well in the deep end as I do in the shallows.

Chris, JP good to see you guys again. Glad you enjoyed Prennyroyal. Yes, it was very crowded, but the vis stayed pretty decent. When I can, I love to come down on the weekdays when virtually no one else is there. I have seen vis at nearly 50ft before (been a while though).

Glad everyone could make it!

Wally, really enjoyed the deep dive, even though I had forgotten how freaking cold it is down there. I'm going to have to work on my navigation down there so I can get around as well in the deep end as I do in the shallows.

Glad everyone could make it!

I would have to say that our dive was the worst, but I enjoyed it. 40 degree water rushing in every time I hit the suit inflator was not what I call enjoyable. Especially where it was flowing to. :) With viz sucking it made it hard for me to control my descent, thank goodness for the deco ladder.

Chris, I think you missed my point. You+me+newb=trouble. Me+newb=fun dive. I'll let you do the math. :)

Yes I have. It is put on by Pennyroyal & my former LDS. They have decent prizes. Basically they put out numbered golf balls. They let the divers go out as a group to find their golf balls. Each diver is allowed 1 golf ball. When it come time for prizes, They'll call your golf ball #. You turn in your golf ball to pick a numbered tag from a covered jar (that way divers can't pick & choose prizes- it's totally random) that matches the # on a prize. You get that prize. They have nice prizes like a BC, cylinder, knives, weights, wetsuits, hoods, gloves, slates,....... Anything diving. What prizes are not claimed are then sold by auction.

I've heard about it and was really looking forward to doing it but it happens to be on the same day that I leave for Bonaire. Sorry, the treasure hunt lost out.

Wally and I found 3 of the golf balls left over from last year but we didn't bring them back.

sounds like i will have to par-take in the event. I am needing some gear so that might just help me out too. I am hoping to order my reg set soon just waiting for a check so i can try it out this Sunday.

The balls that you found where they in front of the helicopter. I seen three there last weekend.

Yep, That's the area that they were in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom