So, where have I been?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I now own my own wheelchair, which I hope to outgrow but it'll help shopping. :coffee:

Oops

I just saw this thread. Get well, Don!

I’ve been thinking that it's been a few weeks since the knee surgery so when will it feel better? Then I noticed it feeling a little better. So there's hope even while getting better at handling my new tools. My fav is the grabber for picking up things from the floor if I'll stop dropping it. The one that pulls my sock on is great too. Thank Gawd that I drive an Impala with electric seats and not some compact toy car.

Sir, your absence was noticed and I'm very glad to have you back here!

Improvise, adapt, overcome” We all need to find our way through the obstacles that time and entropy put before us. You seem to be making notable progress. Maybe don't conclude your diving days are over quite yet. Regardless, please DO continue your contributions here!

Glad you are doing better @DandyDon ! SB is a better place with you around, whether your actively diving or not!

I want to thank all of the members for their kind words of support and encouragement.

Among other adjustments, I am having to work on my breathing. I spent weeks in one rehab hospital with three hours of PT & OT a day, but this was hardly mentioned - or I missed it. Getting up from a chair to my walker is something I hardly think about, I just do it, but that often leads to dizziness or weakness - not comfortable on a walker. I try to remind myself to take a few slow, deep breaths before rising.

And I suggest that housing codes need to require that bathrooms and their doors need to be wider I than a walker.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom