So, who is going to market an inexpensive rec computer running Buhlmann with GF?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would say: the deepest stop is only determined by GFlow as by definition it applies at the depth of the first stop. GFhigh is irrelevant for that as it applies at the surface and thereby at intermediate stops, stronger for the shallower ones. At least that’s what we do for the subsurface planner/ceiling calculation. But as long as you are doing NDL dives, considering gradient factors is pretty much overkill. You could slso add conservatism by only staying dome percentage of your NDL. They are only relevant if you want do shape the profile of your deco stops which you don’t want to do.
Stop it with that understanding how it should work rubbish! These people have planned at least two dives with different GF lo on a variety of dive computers and concluded that GF lo doesn’t make a difference.

We don’t want any of that proprietory nonsense here, we want public domain, open source stuff to match our closed source computers. So away with you and fix it to be like the computers, not like it should be. And don’t be stealing our NDLs either.

(:wink: in case that’s not obvious)

But as long as you are doing NDL dives, considering gradient factors is pretty much overkill. You could slso add conservatism by only staying dome percentage of your NDL. They are only relevant if you want do shape the profile of your deco stops which you don’t want to do.

According to Baker no-stop M-values are "surfacing values only" in the first place, whereas Buhlmann's change with depth. By the logic behind that, a rec computer running ZHL+GF is an overkill to begin with. So if we're overkilling this already, why not consider GF Lo on non-stop profiles?

Point taken regarding this being overkill for NDL dives. Just trying to understand the approach and pick a setting that won't bend me or bench me.

After using the Seac/Ratio, it seems to me like even their sport line has a bit of the tech outlook. The planner on my leonardo just gave ndl time at depth. The planner on the Seac/Ratio will ask you what time and mix, and either tell you how much NDL time you'd have left, or show you your deco schedule.

Leonardo is a single gas computer for no-deco divers. Its planner gives you the no-deco time on your one mix.

I am not even sure what use multiple mixes would be on a "rec" dive: so you can dive to 40m on 32% and then stretch your no-stop time a bit by switching to 49% at 25 metres? -- I expect one could do that... But I think anything that's "2+ gas" implies some degree of "tech".

The Seac supports switching gas during a dive, and will build deco tables suggesting mixes, taking into account MOD. Not planning on using that.

Back
Top Bottom