So Who Were You Trained Through???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lake Hickory Scuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
We recently published a video on our YouTube Channel about all the different training agencies in the world. And in the video, I gave a brief history of the agencies that I teach for and the Instructor ratings I held for each. At the end of the video, I asked for our viewers to post their name, where they are from, what agency they were certified through, and their highest level of certification. I want to do the same here on ScubaBoard and see just how many other agencies are still active in training scuba divers, and where most are located. So if you read this post, please reply with just your first name, geographical location, when and where you were certified (agency name), and your highest level of certification. Active and Non-Active Instructors of any agency, or Instructors like myself that teach through multiple, please reply as well, as you guys can give me a more accurate number of how many certifications are issued through the said organizations. Thank You in advanced.

Greg Bruce
Currently live in Southern California
Original OW certification done with PADI while living in Thailand
AOW, Nitrox, Rescue, Divemaster also with PADI and done through Local Dive Shop in Portland, OR with all OW dives conducted in Pugent Sound or Hood Canal, Washington.
Did my Drysuit cert through an SSI shop in Portland because I wanted to dive dry in a Whites drysuit and they were the only Whites distributor.

Kevin, live in Colorado.
Original OW at PADI dive shop, Sandals Montego Bay, Jamaica
PADI AOW and Rescue at Underwater Connection, Colorado Springs, CO
Currently PADI Divemaster Candidate, and working through 10 specialties. All with UWC, VA Program. Will be enrolled in IDC at end of August, likely.

Craig, Philadelphia, PA and Boynton Beach, FL
1970 Los Angeles County Department of Parks and Recreation Underwater Unit: Basic Skin & Scuba Diver, Los Angeles, CA
1997-2005 PADI: OW, AOW, Rescue, several specialties, Grand Cayman, BWI
2013 SDI: Solo Diver, Jupiter, FL

Doug

NAUI Scuba Diver 78 Victoria BC
PADI Dry Suit Vancouver
PADI Rescue 2005 Vancouver
PADI NITROX Vancouver
ANDI Solo 2006 Vancouver

Tim, Cincinnati, OH
Basic OW; PADI, Panama City Beach, FL
AOW, Nitrox; PADI, M/V Ultimate Getaway
Drysuit; SSI, Houston, TX

Erich, Pittsburgh, Pa.
PADI AOW 1977 Glen Ellyn, Illinois.
PADI Ice Diver Springdale, Pa.

Last edited:
name: Bob
geographical location: Great Lakes Region of New York
when and where you were certified (agency name): 1988 - State University of New York, College at Oneonta, NY - YMCA
AOW - PDIC - 1996 - Buffalo, NY
EANX - NAUI - 2012 - Buffalo, NY
Rescue - NAUI - 2012 - Buffalo, NY
MSD - NAUI - 2013 - Buffalo, NY
Ice Diver - SDI - 2017 - Temagami, Ontario, Canada
your highest level of certification: Technical EANX & Decompression Techniques - NAUI - 2016 - Buffalo, NY
Helitrox - NAUI - in process

Steve
NC
OW-AOW SDI
certs a mix of PADI, SDI, SSI
Master Diver SDI
Dive Master PADI

Lisa middle of the state of North Carolina.

OW PADI Asheboro, NC 2009
AOW PADI West Palm Beach, Florida 2010 (there was no way I was going deep in a quarry!)
Nitrox SDI Greensboro, NC 2010
Solo SDI West Palm Beach, Florida 2013
Advanced Nitrox TDI Bonaire 2014
Cavern NSS-CDS High Springs, Florida 2014
Stress and Rescue SSI Greensboro, NC 2014
Intro to Cave PSAI Marianna, Florida 2015

I know this is more then you asked for but when I started looking at my certifications I noticed a significant correlation between my activity on SB and my number of certifications. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom