Socket size, and torque spec for the Yoke Nut?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beanojones

Contributor
Reaction score
Socket size, and torque spec for the Yoke Nut?

I know I am going to be moving to Edge/Hog first stages here as things progress, so since I am already putting together a scuba tools order can someone tell me the size and torques spec for the yoke nut on the Edge stuff?

Don't know Edge regs at all, but most regs use a 1 inch, and some a 26mm socket. Torque specs for most regs are in the region of 35 to 40 Nm. Is the service manual for edge regs not available anywhere?

As far as I know, Dive Right In Scuba actually wrote/is writing the tech manual along with developing the technician class.

I ask about the yoke nut, because some regs like ScubaPro (1" socket) seem to design their reg so that a specific tool is needed (probably to keep people from just using a big crescent wrench on them. The ScubaPro tool (again as an example) is a specially turned thin wall socket. The Apeks (3/4" socket) has socket has to have a specially machined socket head and a reduced diameter extension tool. And the Aqualung (26mm socket) also needs a specially machined socket head to fit inside some of their yokes.

Last edited:
As far as I know, Dive Right In Scuba actually wrote/is writing the tech manual along with developing the technician class.

I ask about the yoke nut, because some regs like ScubaPro (1" socket) seem to design their reg so that a specific tool is needed (probably to keep people from just using a big crescent wrench on them. The ScubaPro tool (again as an example) is a specially turned thin wall socket. The Apeks (3/4" socket) has socket has to have a specially machined socket head and a reduced diameter extension tool. And the Aqualung (26mm socket) also needs a specially machined socket head to fit inside some of their yokes.

I think you will find that socket and extension available at Scuba Tools, it isn't unique to Scubapro

I don't make torque secs available to the public for a reason. While I have no issue with people servicing their gear I want them trained. Thus certified tech can easily get the information, non certified not so much....

For that reason we developed the TDI/HOG repair specialty for tech divers, knowing that the industry wants to not have end users trained to work on their regs.

I think you will find that socket and extension available at Scuba Tools, it isn't unique to Scubapro

I don't make torque secs available to the public for a reason. While I have no issue with people servicing their gear I want them trained. Thus certified tech can easily get the information, non certified not so much....

For that reason we developed the TDI/HOG repair specialty for tech divers, knowing that the industry wants to not have end users trained to work on their regs.

Yet you limit which of your customers may receive such training. And you do this for their own good!!!!

I am hoping your policies on this subject are still evolving because you do not yet have the right solution. You basically have parts available to all (whether that is what you intended or not) but restrict training and technical documentation. I'm believe divers would not be better of with Scubapro regs. Even though their policies appear to be more restrictive, their regulators are so much more widely used that the documentation you are witholding is readily available from many source. For example: http://www.scubaproregulatormuseum.org/http://www.scubaproregulatormuseum.org/

So it is the ScubaPro socket that is needed for the Edge yoke nut?

As I said, I want to get the tool with a ScubaTools order I am making.

What is omitted from these discussions from tools
is despite soaking degreasing or otherwise it's not
simply green crc or vinegar, it's the de-torque, via
the CRACK

and if a crescent wrench provides the most contact
with a part or leverage no matter the size then well

Yet you limit which of your customers may receive such training. And you do this for their own good!!!!

I am hoping your policies on this subject are still evolving because you do not yet have the right solution. You basically have parts available to all (whether that is what you intended or not) but restrict training and technical documentation. I'm believe divers would not be better of with Scubapro regs. Even though their policies appear to be more restrictive, their regulators are so much more widely used that the documentation you are witholding is readily available from many source. For example: http://www.scubaproregulatormuseum.org/http://www.scubaproregulatormuseum.org/

The course is a specialty thru TDI and the limitation is to technical divers. Whereas TDI and I are the first to ever offer something like this (and here 2 years later still the only) it seems reasonable.

I will make available the schematics etc to any certified tech of other brands, shops (dealer or not)

What you seem to want me to do is encourage people without any training or mentoring from a qualified individual to start servicing their regs...I am not going to do that. I don't believe in it.

Oh...and you post a link to a copy of Scubapros service manual that is NOT Scubapro and complain that I haven't posted mine online like Scubapro, how about you post me a public link to Scubapro manuals online posted by Scubapro?

Is it possible to get the original question answered:

Which tool do I need to get to loosen and tighten the yoke nut?

Is it possible to get the original question answered:

Which tool do I need to get to loosen and tighten the yoke nut?

If you need to ask, you need to take some training. Virtually every trained tech from any brand would know how to do that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom