Socorro Aggressor shut down

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why is it every time I see the word "Aggressor" on ScubaBoard, it's another story about Scuba Divers getting screwed over?

Did you book the trip with Aggressor, or some other entity? Regardless, I would be demanding a FULL refund, and not a credit. Anything less than a refund is a scam.
I booked it with Bluewater Dive Travel. They have said that Aggressor is offering trip credits for Aggressor, and that Bluewater is offering a credit to rebook on any other trip.

As far as I can tell the Terms don’t really outline what happens if a trip is canceled due to a boat being shut down…

I don’t mind rebooking on another trip in the future, really. But the refusal to offer a refund isn’t something that would make me inclined to book with Bluewater again.

But the refusal to offer a refund isn’t something that would make me inclined to book with Bluewater again.

Same experience with them when our Philippines trip was canceled 2x due to pandemic and the country was closed. I rebooked on roatan aggressor and will never use bluewater again

There are at least two threads talking about all the recent issues with Socorro Agressor with a call for the parent company (actually a franchiser) to do something. Now that Agressor have apparently done something we get more, but different, complaints on Scubaboard. I've never been on an Agressor boat and have no connection with the company but do wonder if we're treating them fairly.
Do you have links for these? Looking for info!

Lol why do you say that?

Just trust me - don't book that boat.

Here's my review, I think the 1st review of that boat after they joined Aggressor.

@edoralive @mcohen1021 i wouldn't be so quick to throw bluewater under the bus, if it is within 90 days, they would have already forwarded payment to aggressor. in that case it would be aggressor is the one only giving out a credit instead of a refund.

aggressor should be doing more to fix things, as the horror stories only serve to tarnish and devalue their brand. seems the newer franchisees added more recently are the source of 90% of the issues too, so maybe they should rethink trying to have boats in every liveaboard market and skip a market if they can't get a good franchisee in an area or running more of them directly like the caribbean ones

i wouldn't be so quick to throw bluewater under the bus, if it is within 90 days, they would have already forwarded payment to aggressor. in that case it would be aggressor is the one only giving out a credit instead of a refund.
Understood, but in my case it was 2 separate country shutdown delays due to covid, followed by the operator NOT worshiping my price.

It sounds like the 2nd case was the operator / franchisee ending the operation, and they should be given a refund.

Both cases, the broker should offer the refund, and either fight the operator for the refund or hold the voucher for a future customer

They state the are honoring current reservations? If you want to take a chance with them.
1671062320628.png

Attachments

• 1671062119980.png
    1671062119980.png
    278.5 KB · Views: 46

Back
Top Bottom