Sodwana bay in August?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They're not particularly cheap either. I'm not familiar with ReefTeach and Gypsea's prices but Coral Divers are no cheaper than Triton.

They run a special now at R150 per dive till end of August. Still wasting your money though.

Yes you musy try to get on the Jamboree in September with Scubascene. This is the biggest dive party of the year with lots of competitions and fun diving. Contact the scubascene guys. Ask for shane coomans and tell him Henno refered you. He will organise something.

I wish I lived as close to Sordies as you guys !!!

I also dive with Triton when I go up there. Peter Timm is a great host.

I wish I lived as close to Sordies as you guys !!!
Andy, I just happened to look through your Flickr album again this morning and those pictures of the Chinese Klipfish and Sevengill Sharks just blew me away, again. I'm happy to live close(ish) to Soddies but I'm seriously working on my wife that we should go down to Cape Town for some diving over there.

How does the diving in Ponta compare with Tofo?
I'm not the best person to comment on this as I haven't dived northern Mozambique yet but my understanding is that the diving is quite different. Tofo is meant to be a great diving spot with beautiful launches and palm tree beaches and offers a better chance of seeing large marine fauna like Whalesharks and Mantas. Ponta on the other hand has more macrolife and greater diversity of species. I speak under correction though so don't quote me on this. Rather get the opinions of the other posters in this thread. I believe they have experience of northern Moz.

Just to set the record straight - Tofo is only 1/4 way up the Moz coastline, so it can't really be called northern Moz ...

As Deefstes said, Tofo is the place to go see Manta / Whaleshark and other large marine creatures. You will also find the usual morays etc.

Here are some pics form Tofo Tofo 2007 - a set on Flickr

And from Morrungulo just north of Tofo Morrungulo 2007 - a set on Flickr

Sodwana is better for coral and macro stuff, but I have seen whalesharks, mantas and other big stuff as well. Same for Ponta.

Andy, I just happened to look through your Flickr album again this morning and those pictures of the Chinese Klipfish and Sevengill Sharks just blew me away, again. I'm happy to live close(ish) to Soddies but I'm seriously working on my wife that we should go down to Cape Town for some diving over there.

Be sure to give me a shout when you decide to make it down here !!!!

Just to set the record straight - Tofo is only 1/4 way up the Moz coastline, so it can't really be called northern Moz ...
Yes of course, you're absolutely correct. The birdwatcher in me has always seen the Zambezi as the northern extremity seeing as it defines the northern border of "southern Africa". Consequently anything north of Xai-Xai have always been "northern" Mozambique to me:dork2: My bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom