Software and external drives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divesherpa:
Hey guys,
I would like to do some editing on my laptop (if possible) Optimally, I could get an external drive for video storage. Any suggestions on how this works? I would like to know what software you guys recommend. I am looking at Pinnacle 9, Ulead Studio 8 and PowerDirector 4.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions you guys may have, especially with regards to ease of use and functionality.

Cheers, Jamie
I've used Pinnacle 8 before, fairly easy and straightforward. External drives aren't a problem, I used a Maxtor 80GB via USB 2, and it worked fine, can't remeber the RPM's of the drive off the top of my head.

OK, it's time to purchase the goods. Any last minute suggestions?

Divesherpa:
OK, it's time to purchase the goods. Any last minute suggestions?
Hard drive: Western Digital external drive in it's own Western Digital box. They are upto 320Gb now and you should get the biggest you can.

Software: Brand new Sony Vegas 6 (plus DVD Architect 3 if you want). They have a special introductory offer. I used Premiere for years and Vegas is better. Bear in mind though that there are bugs in the 6.0a which are not expected to be solved until 6.0b in a month or so.

Nick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom