Sogod: how good is the diving in Sogod and easiest way to get there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjjj111

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am thinking of going to Sogod sence i have never been there.

1. how good is the diving in Sogod compared to other places in PI?

2. what is easiest way to get to Sogod?

let me know...........thanks.

1. As good as anywhere in the country except Tubattaha.
2. Fly into Tacloban and then 4-5 hrs by road . Fly into Cebu, fast craft to Ormoc and 3 hrs by road. Fly into Cebu, slow boat to Maasin which is only an hr away from Peter's.

thanks centrals for your advice. I really value what you say in your posts to me. it looks like from Tacloban it is about 3 to 3.5 hours by road. I hate to ride that long in car but I think I would not save any time going to Cebu, since I will be starting in manila first. I found 2 resorts that quote 3 to 3.5 hour ride from Tacloban.....do you think that is wishful thinking on their part or maybe close to actuate?

Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Southern Leyte, Philippines - Getting Here

http://whaleofadive.com/getting-here/

I recently stayed and dove with Sogod Bay Dive Resort. Flew into Tacloban from Manila. Van picked arranged by SBDR, trip was 3 1/2 hours. Road condition was very good (by PI standards) so drive wasn't tiring. Left to Cebu via Roble ferry from Hilgonis.

i am looking at Sogod Bay Dive Resort also right now. I am waiting to also hear back from peters dive operation....

@ukdave0 in your opinion, how good is the diving in sogod bay? i am guessing you have dove other places in the philippines also?

I have dove in Sogod Bay as well as other parts of the Philippines and will second what Centrals stated in his item 1 of 2 above.

i think sogod is 100%, it is nice to still find great places to dive in PI where i have not been yet. my only question now is i will have about 7 days of diving available. should i spend all 7 in sogod? or split some to surigao? silly question i know but i might as well ask...........thanks.

i think sogod is 100%, ... i will have about 7 days of diving available. should i spend all 7 in sogod? or split some to surigao? .

I'd rather spend the travel time getting more dives in sogod; the diving is wonderful and SBSR is a great place to stay.
Sogod's whale shark season in Feb / March is worth a return trip if you need a whale shark experience with much better vis than Donsol.
The road trip from Tacloban is also interesting.

thanks @Mapoleon wrasse.

if the diving is much better, i might as well stay in 1 spot and not waste time traveling to Surigao.
i can save Surigao for another trip.

Back
Top Bottom