Solo Buceo in Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ironworker377

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Going to be in Cancun for 10 days and staying at the Royal Caribbean in 3 weeks. I know Solo Buceo is the dive operator at the hotel and wondered if any of you guys like them . I did my OW with them and did not have a bad experience but don't know how they are for 2 tank dives or packages. Looking into getting 3-4 days of diving in during my stay. So I might be interested in a package deal with a dive to the cenotes. I'm going to be a solo diver with all my gear due to being a tall diver and having good fitting gear.

hi from cancun,
if you want an alternative from solo buceo you ll be able to find us next door in the royal carribean, we ll be able to help out with a few days of two tank cancun dives and a cracker for the caverns plus transportation and the most important, small groups, good times!
drop me a line if you need any further info.
happy days, ben

I recommend Ben's operation. I've dove with him a few years now, and they just keep getting better. Actually, Mayan Aqua Dive is next door in the Royal Islander. :D If you want to do cenotes, do a trip with Ysidro, his boat captain. He's very knowledgable with the cenotes but about the local environment and the impact of expansion of resorts on the area.

Ben's got fast boats, great staff, a hot DM and transportation. If you're a Royals member, his OP is out of the Hotel Internationale at KM4.5. The shuttle runs every other hour from the Caribbean. After the first dive, you'll feel like you've known them for years.

Hope the weather holds for you and wish you great viz!!

Jack

I took Spratman's advice and dove with Mayan Aqua Dive last week. We had a great time and everything went perfectly! Didn't get to meet Ben... He heard I was coming and ran out of the country ;-) But everything was arranged when we got there and they took excellent care of us. Ysidro took us on our night dive when we got there, we all liked him a lot. Did our cavern diving and Cozumel diving with Alvaro, who was also VERY helpful for the new divers I brought with me and also very knowledgeable. My wife was pretty scared of the cavern diving, being newly certified and a little claustrophobic, but Alvaro put her mind at ease and she enjoyed the trip very much. Ben will hook you up with whatever kind of package you want, just drop him a line like he said. We will definitely go back to Mayan Aqua Dive, just probably not soon enough.

Hope you have a great time!

Glad to hear your trip went well! Ben's fiancè mom was pretty sick and they needed to take the trip up to Guadelupe. Maybe he'll be around on your next outing...

Did you dive at all with Marcella? She came to pick me up at the hotel, but she was still in school and wasn't diving that day. Angel, the DM, is a great guy! Did Ysidro do his Wolfman impression on the night dive? Funny guy!

Hope to get to dive with you sometime. Our last trip, the end of August, was with five Sber's. It was a great experience!

Glad to hear the trip went well. Ben has a great, and hopefully growing operation. I did Rescue Diving referral cert with him...plus a lot of cavern diving on the same visit back in April. Everything was fantastic.

Dove with Manta Divers the year before for OW/AOW, and they were fine too. It was a tough choice: do you stick with the tried-and true, or be more adventurous? Being a diver, I chose the later route and gave Mayan Aqua Dive a try. They were the new kids on the block in Cancun, it was a great experience, and I felt more like a guest than just a dive customer.

hey guys, thanks so much for all the support, you are the divers and friends that keep us going, i dont hope we grow too much, keep it small, keep it real right?!
spratman, i dont have a fiance yet, well, next year, time is running out and just for future reference, its ISIDRO. hey max, if you read this id like to see your new wetsuit, ha ha!! scubamax, lifes a blast hey!
see you guys hopefully sooner than later, regards and thanks for all the support

ben

Spratman, we didn't get to dive with Marcella either, she was also busy with something else. But Carla took excellent care of us. Missed out on the Wolfman impression! I'll have to ask about that next time.

Isidro - "My name is Isidro"
Max - "Huh?"
Isidro - "EEE-SEE-DE-RRROW"
Max - "Wha?"
Isidro - "EEE SEE DE RRROW"
Max - "Isidro, got it!"
(next day)
Max - "What the hell was that boat captain's name again?"

Ben, We all got a pretty good chuckle out of the "ScubaMax" wetsuit. Nice to know I'm infamous around town now!

Mr Ironworker, I hope you enjoy your stay. Let us know how it goes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom