Some Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove with seariders in smal laguna and our divetime was minimum 60 minutes. always enjoyed each dive.

Rogeersea and Matt
Yeah I have actually received a few emails from operators in PG saying "our max bottom time is 40 minutes", and I think that might exactly be why, so they can do 4 dives a day with just 1 or 2 boats. Seems like a poor deal to me to go that far to dive an dpotentially use only half my tank.

Thanks guys!

Typhoon season!!!!
I would stick around Visaya and would suggest either Malapascua or Southern Leyte or even both if time allowed.
If the sea is rough there is always Moalboal which is only 2 hrs away from Cebu by car.

Typhoon season!!!!
I would stick around Visaya and would suggest either Malapascua or Southern Leyte or even both if time allowed.
If the sea is rough there is always Moalboal which is only 2 hrs away from Cebu by car.

Malapascua - yehaa! :D

I want to throw some "logic and reason" into the 40 minute bottom time rule. The more experienced diver has not problem getting 50 to 60 minutes out of a 80cf tank. That is pretty much standard for most of us. It remains a concern of all operators that use the 40 to 45 minute rule when diving. Most of us are not close to an emergency facility that can take a dive injury. It is a safety buffer that protects eveyone diving. I throw in a free fun dive for evey 5 paid dives to make up for the time. It is real concern.....
As for getting in a 4 dive day....I have no idea if that is the case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom