Some questions after reading "Shadow Divers" by Robert Kurson

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not trying to be crappy to you. I find that diver fatalities are like burning cars on the highway. No one slows down to help, but they all slow down to gawk. Gawkers do nothing constructive except slow down progress.
Thanks for the feedback.
And... no... you are not being crappy at all.

Happy diving,
AC

Great book - no idea how they did 70 meter dives on air and lasted so long...

BALL'S of Steel!!!!!

Have you guy's ever looked at photos of the gear they used back the? some of them looked like Frankinstine divers with their home made stuff...but hey it worked!

Do a little searching on here...Chatterton answered a whole lot off questions posed by readers..I think it was prior to the "book" forum, so it may be found in one of the general forums....Very approachable guy, and he answered a lot of our questions!

Another question I have relates to the part of the story about how Chatterton dealt with the CG during the Rouse incident. Last Dive by Bernie Chowdbury has the complete opposite take. Wonder which is correct? I suspect SD is correct which makes me question LD.

Another question I have relates to the part of the story about how Chatterton dealt with the CG during the Rouse incident. Last Dive by Bernie Chowdbury has the complete opposite take. Wonder which is correct? I suspect SD is correct which makes me question LD.

Go back and read the second paragraph of post number 10. 2 folks can witness the exact same event and come away with a completely different view of the event. A good investigator knows that and filters the witnesses statement. Of course, Chatterton was there, but the story was filtered through Kurson who may have had some effect on what was printed.

I gave that thread about 3 pages, reading individual poster comments and their impressions of the book with some tangential discussion on assorted diving techniques. Is there a Q&A with John Chatterton in later pages of the thread? Which user-name is John Chatterton?
Or am I misinterpreting the intent of your link?

Thanks and Happy Diving,
AC

His comments are there...Pete (NetDoc) did a little creative merging, and un-merging...there was a guy that kept following the threads and pretty much made an a$$ out of himself, so Pete moved a few things around... John's under the username "Chatterton".

Brother you need to read some ...or all of the book's by Gary Gentile.

Especially if you're having trouble sleeping. Gary's books will knock your ass out.:sleeping:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom