Something odd with PADI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Padi once wrote to me in Honduras to tell me that becauses I was in Thailand they were transfering my file the the asia pacific office.

My question was if I was supposed to be living in thailand, why would you send that to my address in Honduras...

Ok I'll admit I didnt think about the data base thing, And yes I was pissed off. they said they are going to fedex it overnight.

Boy a fella has to watch what he says around here, I'm glad I don't drink and type any more !!

he he.

The thing I find interesting is that if you don't re-up your membership, the "deal" gets better and better. The offers and the discounts...

There is, at the very least, some sophistaticated marketing going on over there. duh.

When ya' moved did ya' file a 'change of address' form with the Post office for mail forwarding?

J.R.

Diesel298:
i love it
this is great..
the padi defenders come outa the woodwork..
the only topic that sparks more debate is DIR

I don't think this is a PADI defender thing. I think it's a that's ridiculous thing! Why would PADI research the address?!? They're about Teach the World to Dive, not Teaching each individual and we'll keep tabs on every move you make so we can keep teaching you to dive.... :D

Central Fla:
Boy a fella has to watch what he says around here, I'm glad I don't drink and type any more !!

Oh, come on! Look at the discussion you've started! :wink:

Central Fla:
I called PADI to see where my license was and they stated they sent it to my address in North Florida, I hit the ceiling (later apologized) How in the / Why in the &^#% did you use and get that address. They man told me it must have been on my app, No!! I filled the app out and checked it myself it was nowhere on it. PADI must have done some research, " no sir we don't do that kind of thing for licenses".

Obviously they do. What do you folks think ?? anyone know??

When I got my nitrox card, the first cert I got through PADI, the address they had on file for me was somewhere I hadn't lived in roughly 8 years, I'd moved twice since then. I had absolutely no clue how they ever got that address, as I wasn't a diver when I lived there, until I logged on to their website, using the number on the nitrox card. Turns out they had me on file from when I tried diving way back when somewhere in the Carribean, on a shore trip from a cruise ship which apparently qualified as "Discover Scuba", for all the 6 inches underwater my head got before I had trouble equalizing and bailed, and looked me up solely by birthdate and last name. They just assumed I was the same person, as the first name on file was a completely unrelated nickname, rather than my legal first name which I used for my nitrox. They watched me for *years* before I ever got certified, which seems kinda creepy to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom