Sony Group Needed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

About the proposed Sony Forum, I contacted a moderator and he said it's not up to the moderators, it's up the the "Advisors". Here is background on how this is structured:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/faq.php?faq=staff#faq_faq_vb_advisor_explain

We'll look forward to a response. Since this whole board is a labor of love, my thanks to all involved who make it happen. In the meantime, I guess the place to post is still this general UW Photography forum.

I've had a few folks contact me regarding recommendations for this or that gear. I'm no expert, I'm here to learn, from the knowledge of the real experts like Phil Rudin. I would love it if someone would put together an ongoing Sony FAQ with answers to those repetitive questions we all ask when encountering something unfamiliar. Volunteers?

"Can't get no respect", Rodney Dangerfield

Add me to the list. Been shooting the DSC T-300 until it crapped out , now I'm looking at the NEX 5.

Staff gave the go ahead for this and another new forum. I'll make the Sony Forum soon. I will need y'all to come up with a name and a forum description for the new forum and possibly help identifying any threads that will need to be moved to it.

Staff gave the go ahead for this and another new forum. I'll make the Sony Forum soon. I will need y'all to come up with a name and a forum description for the new forum and possibly help identifying any threads that will need to be moved to it.

I'm not sure if you can use, "Sony Style" but it doesn't sound too bad.:cool2:

That's great news! Hope to see the new Sony-section soon.

Just to share:
I just got back from a 4 day trip to Malapascua last night and the Nauticam/NEX-5 setup worked great! There were no threshers unfortunately, but the diving was fantastic. No strobes are allowed in Monad Shoal (where the threshers come into the cleaning station). And I couldn't quite get my single YS110a strobe to work properly in other dive sites. Need much more practice getting the technique down. :S

EDIT:
Here's some name suggestions:
Sony Splash
Sony Submerged
Sony Squeeze
Sony Swell

count my vote in too - trying to use the Sony DSC-H20 with the underwater housing, and could use some conversations about it!

I'm not sure if you can use, "Sony Style" but it doesn't sound too bad.:cool2:
Can't...from www.sonystyle.com
The trademark SONY and any other product names, service names, or logos of Sony used, quoted and/or referenced in this Web Site are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation or any of its affiliates.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom