Sony Group Needed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dont know which housing to get.
I like the aquatica brand better personally, however the zoom port is domed and will not take a diopter for macro..

Help?

I like the aquatica brand better personally, however the zoom port is domed and will not take a diopter for macro..

Help?

The dome is great for wide angle, but yep, hard to fit a wet macro lens on it.

Put a standard +4 close up lens on your zoom lens, inside the housing. This is a good idea anyway, because the dome typically changes the infinity focus to 16 inches or so, and you no longer need to focus to infinity -- but you do need close focus. Ikelite recommends adding a +4 diopter if the lens will accept one when using a domed port. Use an achromatic close up filter for best results.

As of today, Jan 23, there were 14 votes for the forum (12 needed). Ummm... so what happens next?

I would like to see it set up!

Sony is coming up with some quality cameras. I would like to see a forum for Sony

Help?

Ramasule, I think it really depends.

I personally have the Nauticam housing with the dome port for fisheye. And I have to say I love it! Also, Nauticam are about to release (I believe...) a port for the Sony Alpha 30mm Macro to fit the NA-NEX5 housing, which should be quite a nice setup. I wasn't that interested in the 18-55mm port with adaptor for diopters, though I can see that would be attractive to people who want versatility.

My advice? Try to visit the distributors and have a hands on feel of both housings and see which you prefer. Less likely to regret that way. :cool2:

Back
Top Bottom