Sony Nex 5N overheating while shooting video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Neuroll

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Sony NEX 5N overheating while shooting video? I have spent the last month researching cameras and had finally( with help from all of you) decided on the NEX 5N but when I started reading the reviews and not the specs everyone is saying it overheats after shooting video for 23minutes. I have seen tests where a warning screen come on and then the camera shuts down. I am definitely not going to invest so much money in a camera that cant operate properly. But I guess another ? I have is considering its underwater wont the cooler temperatures keep the camera cooler? but even if it did I would be screwed in the summer under a hot sun! This has really thrown a wrench in my game plan, the other camera I was considering was the sony hx9v or the panasonic gf2 what do you guys think of those as back up plans? Thanks in advance for all the advice.

For overheating problem, seems I heard the former generation of alpha series like A33 and A55 have been reported. But haven't heard of it for 5N, anyway, I have just started to use 5N, will need to test if this problem exists. Anyway, do you think you will take movie more than 23 min continuously?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom