Sony P200 — good, bad, ugly?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dogatecat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm currently thinking of purchasing a SONY P200 with an ikelite housing.... Anyone have any experience or advice in regards to this setup??

I've seen some older posts in regards to this camera but, now that it's been out in the market for a few years, I'm fishing for any updated opinions.

thanks in advance.

I've got two friends who use this camera and have been for about six months. They are changing to Canon A series cameras instead.

The Sony has only very limited manual controls and these are not enough for their needs. This model does have a manual white balance setting, so that's a plus, but not enough of one.

It does a lovely job on land but underwater, it's just not getting the results that they are getting from using my trusty Canon As so they are switching over.

I've been using a P150 (same camera smaller LCD) for over a year. I'm very pleased with the camera and highly recommend it. I love the small size and manual controls. It has very little shutter lag and very little green shift like the older Sony's. It has a very long battery life and you can take several hundred picture before it needs a charge. Here's some examples.

http://www.bonairetalk.com/newsgroup/messages/116771/300143.html?1167415677

Back
Top Bottom