Sony strobe questions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frenchmonkee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am looking into getting into underwater photography. I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-P100 with a MPK-PHB Marine Pack. They do have an arm (HVL-ML20M) and video light (VCT-MP1K) that is offered, but no strobe.

I was wondering the difference between a video light and a strobe, and if a stobe is needed?

I know that there are some options offered with Sea&sea.com but i am unsure of what would fit with my housing, and what strobes would work, or how they work, lol.

Thanks,
Danielle

Thanks, I will email right away.

a video light is constantly on and a strobe fires just when you take a picture. I also have a sony and was presented with the same problem. I'm going to order this http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=SL960 strobe soon. Just make sure that when you use it you make sure the red eye reduction is off. This sends off a flash before the picture is acutallly taken and makes the strobe fire prematurely, taking out the effect of having one.

Back
Top Bottom