Sore after diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Vayu:

It sounds from the profiles that the nitrogen dose is not very high. Most problems of this sort are simply muscle soreness from new activates.

Even in a laboratory situation, you could not provoke DCS with such regularity as you describe. Benign overuse myalgia is another matter. That sounds like your problem.

Dr Deco :doctor:

Dr Deco:
Even in a laboratory situation, you could not provoke DCS with such regularity as you describe. Benign overuse myalgia is another matter. That sounds like your problem.

[/font] Dr Deco :doctor:

Yes, this sounds more like something I provoke in *my* "lab" with regularity (DOMS- delayed onset muscle soreness). <g> It's not just a matter of getting in physical shape- it's also a matter of minimizing effort above and in the water. Reduce the amount of lifting you do, especially after your dives, and move through the water like you're in Jello. Everything underwater should be slow and effortless, even finning.

Cameron

If I do anything new for exercise, new meaning I haven't done that one for over a week, I'm a bit sore the next day. Diving or free diving gets the arches of my feet stiff (from frog kicking) when I get out of bed the next day as well as my neck and shoulders, probably from arching the muscles while maintaining perfect trim....haha...but this didn't happen 10 years ago. How old are you?

I sometimes have back pain before I dive, something about being under always sorts it out. Haven't seen a chiropractor since I started diving :D

I think you are just sore from using muscles in ways different than you are used to. Diving because of the unusual configuration of gear and odd activities (like finning) produces stresses and strains in areas you may not be using extensively.

Hey Vayu - wait another 31 years until you're the same age as drdiver1952 and yours truly are now- then you're gonna know what "sore after diving" really means.

Well, I'm not sore anymore so I started lifting again today. Guess I just needed two good days of rest, recovery, and hydration.

Thanks all for the concern and helpful words.

Now I just have to find some time to jump in again.

-V

Back
Top Bottom