Sorry to report a missing diver, over 24 hours now out of Jupiter, FL.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's a email I just recived from a local dive shop, if you want to help, please contact them, they could use anyone's help with a boat.

I'm wishing for the best

Here's the email :

Attention Divers: Boat & Divers to help search for missing diver!

We have a fellow diver (Nikki Cuomo) missing in Jupiter and the Coast Guard has cancelled the search. Any of you have a boat and can go tomorrow 9/24/07 or 9/25, Monday / Tuesday, we will be helping to assist many already searching.

The search area is going to be between 130-200 feet off or Port St. Lucie to the south and Vero to the north. Depth from 130-180 in a drift with current.

Many of you may know her, and may want to help. If you can help in the search please us know asap.

Schott & Karen
Sea Level Scuba
1701 N Wickham Road
Melbourne, Fl 32935
321-255-1825
Sea Level Scuba

The USCG has called off the search, please, please if any of you can volunteer a boat and time to help find her, that would be so much appreciated! She is "Tropicaldiver" on this board, and a wonderful gal. I am so helpless over here in Hawaii, all I can do is pray for her to be found.

I can't believe the CG gave up so soon. If I recall, they search for at least 72 hours around here.
The Navy has patrol planes as well, right out of Jacksonville is a hop, skip and a jump. They train EVERY DAY!
This is really sad. I hope this turns out for the best.

Good luck and prayers to everyone involved.

Mr. B

Can anyone expand on the profile of the dive? Was she spearfishing? Diving alone? Deep, moderate? Sea conditions?

Thanks

Can anyone expand on the profile of the dive? Was she spearfishing? Diving alone? Deep, moderate? Sea conditions?

Thanks
My understanding from the Spearboard threads is a 100' dive or so, and yes I believe spearfishing. Probably a profile that she's done numerous times. I was diving about 20 miles south of there, current was brisk at around 2.5 knots, viz was 60', and seas about 2-3 ft.

While I've only been on a boat with her once, she dives frequently off of Jupiter. She appeared experienced, was equipped safely, seemed confident. What I remember most was her kindness to another solo female new to the boat. (me) She asked me to join Spearboard, gave me workout tips about handling a speargun, and was genuinely and truly kind for no other reason than it was her nature.

For updates, follow the spearboard thread in the first post. I've offered my home for anyone diving tomorrow that needs a place to stay in Vero. They are looking for divers comfortable in tech ranges to continue the underwater search.

What I remember most was her kindness to another solo female new to the boat. (me) She asked me to join Spearboard, gave me workout tips about handling a speargun, and was genuinely and truly kind for no other reason than it was her nature.

She sounds like a really special lady. I'm praying for her now, lighting a candle for her, and adding her to my prayer list for later tonight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom