Source for bungie cord?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vicente

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So what's a good source of small bungie cord?

I looked at the obvious local places like Ace Hardware, Home Depot, etc. Many places have spools of thicker bungie cord they will sell, but not smaller stuff. Looking for 3/16 preferably.

I buy it at REI.

onfloat:
The climbing section of Sports Chalet always has a good selection.

That's where I found it. It's fairly inexpensive too compared to the stuff on e-bay.

Oy, I just wish makers would agree on a common name for it!

Variants so far:
Shock cord
Bungee
Bungie

Ocassionally people seem to spell it with a J also.

Thanks for the REI suggestion will check my local one, the one place I didn't think to look.

I like Dolphin a lot for some things. I mean I buy my wetsuits there, cause I'm incredibly picky and you need an LDS for fitted items like that. I'm probably not their ideal customer as I tried on a bunch of suits, probably frustrating to their salesfolk, then walk away without buying anything. Although I came back and bought an AquaFlex suit for their regular price without really trying to dicker over it as the fit was paramount to me and I finally made up my mind.

But let's just say they are QUITE proud of some items like the stainless snaps at $7 when I discovered later I can get a 2-pack Home Depot for $3. I respect a man's right to make a profit, but I shop smart when I can. I don't know their price on Bungie but if I pass that way and it's not too bad I'll consider that. Thanks. I was thinking to get maybe 10-20 feet to keep around for spare parts, or having to make necklace for a stray buddy, etc.

Any outdoor retailer for hiking/backpacking/kayking.

They will know it as shock cord and can typically be found in the tent care and repair area. You can find thicker bungee cord at good kayaking retailers. The thicker stuff is used on some kayak deck rigging.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom