South Africa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TimMars

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi from sunny (although chilly) South Africa. Most of our dive industry is centred in Johannesburg and Pretoria, although most of the diving occurs off the KwaZula-Natal coast and to a more limited extent Cape Town. Cape Town offers really exciting diving, from seals to Great Whites and more recently, the six-gill shark. Natal is warm Indian Ocean water, offering great viz and at this time of year, close encounters with the Ragged Tooth shark (sand tiger shark).
Well worth a visit!

Hello and welcome! :)
I've heard some pretty cool things about South African diving. Isn't that one group found a big sum of treasure? :D

I think the stretch of coast from Natal to Cape Town has the dubious honour of having the highest number of ship wrecks in the world - hence its name The Wild Coast. I'm not sure which wrech you heard about but there are quite a few being salvaged. Are you interested in coming down for a looksee??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom