South Florida Dive Boats - last update 5/2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Sandy's Sunday" run by Ocean Quest Scuba out of West Palm Beach. Crew has years of local experience, boat runs both two and three tank trips. Photographer and Hunter friendly, dive your computer...no rediculous time limits.

OceanQuest Scuba
561-776-5974

Last edited by a moderator:
On Saturday the 14th of November my wife and I went up to our hotel room and packed our scuba bags excited for our dives that afternoon. About an hour before we were supposed to be at the boat, the shop called to tell us that they probably would not be able to take us diving because their boat couldn't get out of the inlet due to ground swell. Well, they didn't know for sure and would call back in 15 minutes. The weather was beautiful and we've been stood up before so I was a bit disappointed to say the least. We had another shop in mind and as a Hail Mary, tried calling them to see if we could get on another boat yet that afternoon. We didn't lug all this gear from Michigan to stay dry after all.

I called Force-E SCUBA Center in Boca Raton and asked for help. The man at the shop went into action mode immediately. He called the captain of a boat at Parrot Island (Jerry I think) in Pompano Beach and asked him to hold the boat. This was unbelievably impressive customer service - the kind we can only dream of and fail to experience most of the time. We rushed to the car, annoying the mandatory (yuck) valet in the process and headed south on A1A. The boat was a bit late coming in, so even though we got stuck by a couple of bridges on the Inter-Coastal, we still made it in time.

Parrot Island was more than happy to take us out and we had two good dives.

Thank you to Force-E and Parrot Island for stepping up and salvaging our dive vacation!

Parrot Island SCUBA Adventures
Pompano Beach, FL

Force-E Scuba Center
Boca Raton, FL

URLs not allowed since this is my first post... sorry

I spent a week at Amy Slates Amoray Dive Resort in Key Largo in September. The staff and crews are outstanding and they deliver personal and friendly service. They will accomodate you in any way possible, including shifting you to another dive boat if necessary. In my case, I missed a dive on the Spiegel Grove due to my dive comp flooding (there went another $800) so they called Chris at Silent World and got me on his boat. What a great crew THEY are ! I highly recommend both Amy Slates and Silent World if you are planning a trip to Key Largo.

Splash Down divers in Boynton Beach is a good boat to go out on. You'd be amazed at how great the diving is in this area around Delray, Boynton, West Palm Beach. The shipwrecks are especially impressive.

I have also stayed at Amy Slate's - nice people, very affordable accomadations, more of a motel, but really nice location on the water.

Just returned from a week of diving in the area. Stayed in Pompano Beach and dove out of Ft. Lauderdale with ProDive International. It was an OUTSTANDING experience! They run a one tank/snorkel trip in the mornings and a two tank trip in the afternoon - usually a wreck, then a reef. Charlie in the shop is a great guy, Wedge and Alex are outstanding on the boat and in the water! I had so much fun that I booked another week for this October when I arrived home at 11:30 last night!

I also went out with ScubaTyme one morning, because ProDive had a charter. Enzo and Bob - who take turns serving as Captain/First Mate/Dive Master were terrific too. They also ran a two tank, wreck then a reef trip.

ProDive has a shop connected to it and a ton of instructors, classes, and a larger boat. ScubaTyme is a two man team, smaller boat, no shop and is right in Pompano Beach, just one block north of the East Atlantic Bridge (814) and one block west of the A1A. Be aware that there will be an eastbound lane closed on the bridge for much of Feb and this will make for snarely traffic.

Either way, you can't go wrong from my point of view!

Diversion Boat out of St. Pete. Cant post full links yet being a site noob and all :) diversionboat.com

Last edited by a moderator:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom