south port seaway aandtsociety trip today video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

liquidg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
As any one that has been down to the seaway of late has seen the sand pumping barge parked towards the middle of it near the bend.

We went for a swim down there today and near the corner of the seaway going in towards sea world is the pipe running along the bottom going from the barge to the sand pumping jetty, I assume?

As we were swimming along we came a section of the pipe with a sizable hole In it spewing out sand covering the rocks and of course killing what is on them and living under them.

The are this thing is affecting is quite large and is disgusting.

We got a couple of people, one on a surf ski and two in a small boat to tell them it had a serious leak in the pipe.

I donÃÕ think the pumping was stopped, we came back later and it was still running.

I hope they fix it as it killing a lot of creatures, though the brackish species are having a ball eating all the little inverts coming out through the hole as they are dredged up in the sand and then blown out.

This is a video of it today.

Underwater videos :: A.Hole in sand pumping pipe and fish video by aandtsociety - Photobucket

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom