Southern hotel/resort for solo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brsnow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, was curious if there are any hotels or resorts for a solo diver? Historically stay at casa mexicana and this trip blue angel. Really looking to shorten the boat ride. Thank you

you can stay at any hotel / resort as a solo traveller. but most charge a "single supplement fee" which can vary widely.
some destinations like cuba seem to be pretty reasonable. like maybe 200 extra per week. while others will charge you almost full price as if 2 people were staying there.
it may also depend on the time of year. in slower seasons you may find if you contact the resort directly they might be willing to cut you a better deal.
we stayed down south a couple of times but it was quite a long time ago. we stayed at sabor which is now the sunscape. i have also stayed at the allegro. both all inclusives.
the nice part is as you said, that you you are much closer to the good spots. the beach areas down there are really nice as well.
the down side obviously is that you are so far from town.
it all depends on your vacation priorities i guess.

Grandd Occidental has really good deals..pickup on shore is easy...food ok, booze included.

I hear the Allegro is pretty hot
1668333529465.png

Humor aside, did the Allegro open back up?

I've stayed in a 1 room studio size unit at Residencias Reef as a solo diver for very very cheap. You can stand on the beach and directly see your southern dive spots. The dive boat pickup changes month by month so best to keep reading threads here on SB for the latest trip reports and then contact your dive boat directly for their policy.

I've stayed in a 1 room studio size unit at Residencias Reef as a solo diver for very very cheap. You can stand on the beach and directly see your southern dive spots. The dive boat pickup changes month by month so best to keep reading threads here on SB for the latest trip reports and then contact your dive boat directly for their policy.
Thank you, I have stayed south when I bring the family, but this sounds more of what I am looking for, will check it out. Thank you

I remember looking for myself and it was cost prohibitive to do the solo/single supplement at the larger all inclusive resorts. I ended up at Blue Angel and really enjoyed it- I hope you enjoy the trip, and will be interested to hear what you find about the other AI's and their pricing.

For the Scubaboard invasion in Cozumel, the single supplement was very affordable- maybe $200 or something? But I had already booked at Blue Angel for the week after!

I remember looking for myself and it was cost prohibitive to do the solo/single supplement at the larger all inclusive resorts. I ended up at Blue Angel and really enjoyed it- I hope you enjoy the trip, and will be interested to hear what you find about the other AI's and their pricing.

For the Scubaboard invasion in Cozumel, the single supplement was very affordable- maybe $200 or something? But I had already booked at Blue Angel for the week after!
I just got back from blue angel. I doubt I would do AI, was hoping there is standard option South. Might just go back to town, the long rides aren’t bad on faster boats:) or just get picked up further south. Was looking for ideas.

I've stayed at the Allegro twice now, once with an SO and once solo. I had no problems staying there and diving either time solo. Most of the rides were 10 mins or so. I don't think there was ever a time we stayed out for two dives in a row.

I've traveled solo several times to Secrets/Sabor. Never had an issue. I like having the beach and easy snorkeling right there in the afternoons. Dreams is brand new and part of that complex now as well. Im hoping to get there early next spring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom