Southern ON, NEW Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthernMelody

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
My name is CJ, I've 17 Dives in and am looking to dive almost any day after 4pm. I am new to the Kitchener/Cambridge/Watterloo Diving Community, but want to become an Instructor. So I really need more Dive time before July as I plan to take Advanced Open Water, Rescue Diver, Nitrox, and Dan O2 course. So I've got my work cut out for me! I'm competent, so I've been told :slick: !

Anyways, I'm easy going, need enough warning so I can rent gear...for only a little while longer...getting my own stuff soon...but willing to put upwith rain :)

Hi Melody. There are a few of us on here from that area. There's not too many places close to dive. I'd recommend you avoid Innerkip. Gulliver's Lake near African Lion Safari is our usual early season mid week haunt. Boogie711 and I (and maybe a couple of others) may be heading there Wed eve.
Exactly how much notice do you need?

Glad you found us! This is a great place to spend your SI, but watch out, it's addictive!

thaks to all who have responded...why is innerkip to be avoided...I was told they sunk stuff just so we could go exploring?

I'm looking forward to the Wed. Dive...The amount of notice I need is based on time needed to rent gear. I am hoping to purchase some this w/e, but until then I'm stuck renting. Mid-week dives are great for me!

My w/e's are totally full this month..sigh...but June is looking better :)

Thanks again all!
CJ

Innerkip should be avoided because while they may have sunk stuff, you may never see it again. It's a murky mess. You also should put peroxide in your ears after you get out of the water to avoid nasty ear infections. Not pleasant.

Groundhog246:
Short answer, farm runoff. They're down hill from fields of cattle.
Yummmmmmmmmmmm................... :p

Yup I DO sing while driving... I also do some composing too. Thank you all for the information on innerkip. As usual, I'm still looking for good places to dive that aren't a 2 hour drive! Suggestions are welcome!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom