Southern Ontario Quarry Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soggy_Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just read a post by Tom-1 on conditions at Innerkip. It made me think that it would be useful for planning quick dive trips if there were a thread with updates on conditions in southern Ontario quarries: Innerkip, Sherkston, Gullivers's Lake, whatever else there is.

Does anyone know about what Gulliver's and Sherkston are like right now?

I was at windmill and innerkip last week

Windmill was kicked up really bad at there were a ton of checkout dives going on.

Innerkip was the best vis I have ever seen there. It was an early morning dive though.

Sherkston had about 20 foot vis on Saturday, it wasn't bad at all, bottom temp was 58.

I was at Innerkip yesterday, June 11th. After several days of on and off rain, visibility was around 10 feet.

I was at Gulliver's lake last Sunday. The viz was about 5', the temp at the bottom about 69, on the surface - 74. Nice and warm! :14:

I was at Gulliver's lake last Sunday. The viz was about 5', the temp at the bottom about 69, on the surface - 74. Nice and warm! :14:

Too funny! I was out there Sunday morning too, for a Father's Day morning dive.

I was with Rick and Cindy from ScubaPlus. It was so warm I only dove in my Farmer Johns.

Anyone been to Gullivers in the last week or so. My buddy and I are planning a dive for next week and I want to know what the Vis was like. If it was really bad we will go somewhere else. If Gullivers is bad we are also considering Sherkston. Thanks

Gulliver's last night (Thursday July 10). The water was 83F (I was smoking hot in my dry suit). Vis was surprisingly good at 20'. Took off my hood and gloves to stay cool.

Gulliver's last night (Thursday July 10). The water was 83F (I was smoking hot in my dry suit). Vis was surprisingly good at 20'. Took off my hood and gloves to stay cool.

WOW!! I am diving Gulliver's for the first time in 3 years tomorrow to get my "warm water" diving girlfriend introduced to diving in Canada. I was hoping the water would be 7 or 8 degrees cooler than that because at 83 degrees you are no colder than most Caribbean dives. I guess tomorrow will not be about working her into "cold water" diving. It will just be for the love :dork2: of being beneath the surface. Thanks for the update Rob.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom