Southwest coming to Cozumel!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:confused: 16 miles from Love Field.

The greater area is about 65-70 miles wide. DFW is almost 5 wide itself. 16 is nothing in scale of the rest of it.

The greater area is about 65-70 miles wide. DFW is almost 5 wide itself. 16 is nothing in scale of the rest of it.
Yeah, but confusion happens. If one expects to find SWA at DFW and books other plans of a trip accordingly, things will not go well.

I don’t completely disagree. SB is a great reference. I also use the term DFW outside of air travel conversations so maybe it isn’t a deal to me. For me it is like Kleenex or Xerox. Because it is the call letters for an airport I concede that it is a bit different.

I think the timing will be contingent on the return of the 737 MAX back into service. Southwest, American and United are all taking capacity hits but Southwest is being hit the hardest since they had the most delivered and 276 more on order.

I work for a competitor but also believe competition in any industry helps keep everyone a little more honest and is healthy.

I don’t completely disagree. SB is a great reference. I also use the term DFW outside of air travel conversations so maybe it isn’t a deal to me. For me it is like Kleenex or Xerox. Because it is the call letters for an airport I concede that it is a bit different.
Yeah there is the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex - Wikipedia "encompasses 13 counties within the U.S. stateof Texas. Residents of the area also refer to it as DFW, or the Metroplex." When discussing flights, airports, and related, I tend to get picky - reminded of the Asian travelers who end up in Dulles when they wanted to go to Dallas. Direct is not the same as Non-stop, etc.

My daughter has learned to be picky, too, as I raised her to be a traveler, and we introduced her husband to the adventures. My teenage granddaughter arrived in China today for her third visit, first without her parents, but she's visiting friends. We are counting on her to not lose her passport & visa this time. My daughters household works with hosting Chinese teenagers who come here for school, and we don't want any overseas parents booking flights for their 14 year olds to DFW, connecting to Dallas Love flights. One parent once got cheap about paying for an unaccompanied minor, and got away with it on departure over there, but not connecting in DFW. Someone had to drive from Lubbock to DFW and back immediately.

Dulles when they wanted to go to Dallas.
Now THAT would suck.

Wasn’t that a country and western song? “Going through the big D and don’t mean Dallas.”

Now THAT would suck.

Wasn’t that a country and western song? “Going through the big D and don’t mean Dallas.”
That one was about Divorce.

One time before internet, I booked flights to Amsterdam for a Mensa gathering, meeting a few friends en route. My bud Ed was meeting me in Atlanta for the overseas flight, but was flying in his disabled Ex-wife from somewhere that connected in DFW and wanted me to help her get on the next plane. "Sure, but you be sure to wait for us in Atlanta if things go awry," which they did. She & I were boarding in DFW when that flight canceled, so I rushed us to the Crown room to rebook. I had studied the booklet of flights for backup plans and asked the agent to book us all three, including Ed sitting in ATL, thru Paris - except I had us flying into one airport and out of another! We went thru Germany instead. Ed was confused when he tried to check-in for his flights and learned I had changed him, but we got there. They're both dead now, but I recently met one of their daughters online.

I could not be happier about this! The article doesn't say, but I assume the flights will go in and out of Houston Hobby airport, since it is a Southwest hub-- and not from Bush International (IAH).
That is correct grasshopper!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom