sp-350 shadows

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wannabedivin

Registered
Reaction score
I have a problem, but I think I know the answer, but just want to check, I am using my SP-350 with the onboard flash and get a shadow in the lower right corner of the photo. It is not on every shot and not on land. I am thinking that I have the camera too close to the subject blocking out the flash. By the Pacific Northwest where most shots require a flash.

Using the Olympus housing? On some Canon models, it's the top of the lensport that blocks the on-camera flash, maybe yours is the same.

Yes...you're getting too close and the port is blocking the light. Unfortunately there isn't a real good fix for that short of buying strobes.

An off camera strobe is the best recourse photographically, though not necessarily fiscally. Try backing away from your subject and zooming slightly. You can do this in regular macro mode, not in super macro. The disadvantage is that you will have more water column between you and your subject. It will also shorten depth of field slightly and effectively reduces your maximum aperture.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom