sp-350

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Inon's AD Mount Base PT-030 has been bumped back a bit. I'm now told a prototype will be on hand at the Beneath the Sea show this weekend, and production versions will start shipping some time in April.

This mount will allow the UCL-165 AD Macro, UWL-105 AD (100 deg wide angle), and UWL-165 AD (semi-fisheye) lenses to be used.

The optics of these lenses are excellent, and they are very easy to swap via the 1/4 turn bayonet fitting.

Thanks for that Ryan.

Can anyone guess whether there will be significant vignetting with these lens (especially the UWL-105 AD wide angle) or are they designed for the 35 mm lens on the SP350?

Cheers,
Rohan.

thanks Larry the price has dropped but for me to replace the camera is no big deal. But I need a wa lens. I bought one on ebay but it was for a motor marine not the nikonos another screw up on my part, and yes I have many. I have the inon 100 degree on my pt-015 and I love it. for me to replace the sp-350 I am going to have to have a WA lens option for the pt-30 housing some one give me the answer Fiji is closing in and I have no $$ for my dream video setup so i photo only and want to have two seperate camera set ups .I flood stuff!!! Need a backup for being a dumb *** at times.

Costco.com no longer has the SP-350. I tried several times to access it through the website without luck. If anyone has the correct address please post it.
Thanks!

You are correct. No longer there. That means they either decided to sell it in store (they don't duplicate products online) or it didn't sell fast enough or make enough profit for a megastore like Costco to keep it, so they dropped it. No worries. There are still plenty of places to get them that are a lot cheaper, but without the buyer protection. Maybe put it on your Amex for the 90 day 100% coverage.

OK ... so I was playing around with the SP-350 this morning trying to figure out how it works and noticed something I cannot understand.

In aperture priority mode and shutter priority mode, the camera forces "no flash". I cannot figure out how to make the camera flash work in either of those modes. It works fine in all the other modes, with all selections of flash available.

Can anyone explain this to me?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I am at work, and don't have the camera with me right now, but when I've had that sort of issue, I've usually found that they put the menu for it in a weird place-like, you have to put the thing in "A", then go to menu, and instead of the camera menu or the picture menu, you'll find the flash settings in the set-up menu. I've used the flash in all modes, including super-macro, so I think if you recheck the advanced manual and just scroll around all three menus-camera, picture and set-up, you'll find the trick. I'll play with it when I get home and repost it if you haven't.

Still haven't figured out why the flash won't work in some modes. I spent about an hour trying to navigate through menus tonight, but can't seem to figure it out. The manual's no help at all.

I also noticed it's doing the same thing in the Underwater 1 and Underwater 2 (wide angle) settings. The Underwater 3 (macro setting) fires the flash just fine.

This is aggravating. I'm leaving for a trip tomorrow night ... looks like I'll be taking my old camera with me. Starting to think I made a mistake by purchasing this one ... if I can't figure out how to work the basic functions, it's no good to me ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I just checked on all the modes, plus the scene settings you used. I had flash on all of them except UW2 which is designed as a quick shot with fixed focus. It is your fastest setting (like the sport setting on land) It didn't flash, which it has in the past.
I went into the camera setting and had flash on sync 1, internal+strobe.

I pressed the flash button (lightning bolt next to power) and changed it from the circled lightning setting to the auto setting. Blink, flash. Give it a try. You probably have a base setting on the flash that needs changing. Just put it in the mode you want, and push the button till you get to auto, then retry it. If it has the lightning in a circle, the flash is off. All the flash modes are explained from page 43-47 of the advanced manual CD. I printed mine and keep it with me, but be patient, with all the settings available, these things really do take a couple of months of playing with on dry land to really get comfortable with all the different things you can do in manual mode. UW macro should fire the flash all the time. Mine flashes even pointed at a bright light. Only UW wide 2 has a no flash base setting so you can take quick repetitive action pictures. Do go into camera settings and make sure the flash is set on internal + strobe. If you've messed with it, and can't get it back to base settings, there's a reset in the menu as well. Good luck and yell if you still can't get it right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom