Closed SP G250 Diaphragms

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a question about the G250/109 diaphragms, are they the same as the G200 and R190 are using?

Just a question about the G250/109 diaphragms, are they the same as the G200 and R190 are using?
G250 and 109 have different diaphragms I believe. The 109 is smaller if I recall.

Not a guru, but I have a couple R190s on hand to open up and check.

One R190 is very early version with blue diaphragm part# 11-109-124 installed (same part # I see in a G250 but it is actually a very slightly looser fit, but it does work) and the other is a late version with clear diaphragm that has no part number printed on it. The clear diaphragm from R190 fits a G250 perfect.

I also put a couple 109 diaphragms into a G250, and double checked with diaphragm from G200. Short answer is they are the same size and are interchangeable.

Ok, thanks guys. So from what I'm reading, 109, R190, G200, and G250 should be interchangeable. Now to find a supply of these. Im rebuilding some 109's and the older diaphragms are quite stiff.

Thanks again for the help.

Ok, thanks guys. So from what I'm reading, 109, R190, G200, and G250 should be interchangeable. Now to find a supply of these. Im rebuilding some 109's and the older diaphragms are quite stiff.

Thanks again for the help.

Add to your list: 108HP, Balanced Adjustable (156), G250hp, G250V <--albeit an updated thin, clear, noisy, version. Some of the other models in your list also had different iterations-but still interchangeable. E.g. some G250s & R190s had thin, dimpled diaphragms that are prone to tearing.

My advice is to keep the older, slightly stiffer diaphragms and use them if they are serviceable. The thinner examples are not durable and make irritating honking noises above water.

Thanks for the advice. Hoping VDH will get another run of quality aftermarket diaphragms. I love it when new parts show up there, and hate it when I don't see them until they're all gone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom