sp s600 or apeks atk200?

which to get s600 or atk200

• sp s600

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • apeks atk200

Votes: 20 58.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hoopa

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all just wanted to get some feedback-- IM about to get my first reg and wanted to do it right from the start. My choices have come down to the s600 or the atk200. They both have good and bads and wanted anyone to add anything they might like to say. Thanks in advance for all your help. Below you will see what I see as the good and bads for each.
s600
goods:
lifetime parts for anual service,free:
seems to be more lds's that sell and service SP then apeks:
Quality product
nice looking(i know that doesnt matter but still it counts just a little)

bads
open 1st stage, so open to crap to get in and cause trouble and corrosion
doesnt breath(from what i have read) quite as well as the atk--but very close

atk200
goods:
Breaths awesome
closed 1st-keeps the crap out
exhaust system supposed to work great

bads:
harder to keep in warranty -- so lds tell me--SP is a bit more lenient
not as many shops sell or deal with apeks

As you can see both have good and bads(like everything in life). My main worry about the sp is the open first stage(though not a big deal). I love what i read about the apeks regarding breathing with it but the main reason (and the reason IM leaning towards the s600) for not getting it ,is the number dealers i have seen that deal with them-- IM worried i will be in the boonies on a dive-- have troubles and need to get it worked on and no one around that works on them-- is this a valid worry or are there enough places that fix the apeks that im just worrying over nothing. Cause when all is said and done-- if I could get the atk200 fixed easy I would go with that.

HI
all the info that you need is already answered too often in DETAIL!!!. Check the previous posts.

Abouth DIR: from the regs. that you name, only MK20/MK25 are DIR. Apeks : Only DS4 (tx50) is fully DIR. Although George Irvine him self uses the Apeks TX100 with it's non standard ports. So i guess if you use the Apeks ATX200's standard port for the longhose that would nt be a real prob. For more info. abouth a good reg. check the previous posts about Mares Abbys VS Apeks!
If you wanna go into tech diving though i recommend DS4 though. On the other hand (you sound like a newbie, no offense though) at time you are ready for a Tech course you will probably by alot of other regs. So i would say go for the Apeks ATX200 or for the DS4 (not the tx50 Swivel turret).

Xerxes

(i have btw 2 Atx200's and 2 DS4's)

We need another poll - has anyone had their Mk25 foul up / has anyone had their ATX200 foul up. People seem to get hung up on warranty issues all the time - if your regulator does crap out on vacation, what are the chances it's going to get fixed within the remaining duration of your vacation? What are the chances that a rental regulator won't be available? (ok, maybe on a liveaboard - but are you likely to get regulator servicing on a liveaboard. Take a spare UST and T20 from LeisurePro for $165 - instant spare first and second stage). Some people talk about getting regs serviced on the spot, others complain it's taken weeks. The reason you buy a ScubaPro or Apeks is because they're unlikely to have problems! That's why you're paying so much $$$ - quality.

well you left out one thing on ythe apeks and that is (lifetime parts for anual service) this is also true for the apeks I was just in fla and seen plenty apeks dealers , dont get me wrong I have dove with with both and curently dive with the apeks ATX 200 and there are many dealers around the worls and even in the usa to fix if needed the apeks
MY VOTE APEKS
I have freinds who have had apeks for several years including my self and i dont no of one promblem not to say there not none that would be hum not thinkable , like any machine ect sooner or later somethings can go wrong like any good regulator you need to have them service anually and more if used allot just my thought

Hi all and thanks for the responce-- though when i put my orig post up i was GOING go get the s600, I went down yesterday and bought a brand spanking new atk200:). EVERYONE i have talked to always love their apeks -- so apeks has to be doing something right. Anyways thanks for the help to make my mind up and look forward to seeing all in the water.

Bruce

Congrats on getting your Apeks .... I got mine a couple of months back ... love the reg to bits, like my little baby ...... :)

Though I find the hose kinda short, might change to a DIR style to prevent the fatigue .... :D

changed my house to five foot other than that love mine to death hehe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom