Space Shuttle Launches Tonight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A group of us went to Sebastian yesterday on the bikes & decided to go see the launch.. Rode up to Port Canviral.. It was beautiful and awesome... Loved the sound... The trip home on bike really was a pain though.. Got home at 2A..

All in all, well worth it!!!

Wow, I feel like a bonehead. I knew about the launch and told my kids I'd get them when it was time and we could go outside and watch it. So my wife and I are watching Entertainment Tonight and they cut in with the shuttle launch at about t minus 5 seconds. I run to the back of the house, grab all the kids and we head out to the deck to see it. We waited...and waited...and waited. I looked at my watch and it was about 8:10 or so and I remembered it was supposed to go up at 7:45 or so. I went back inside and checked the tv and realized our tivo was like 25 minutes behind. :dork2::dork2:

My 10 year old son was still giving me grief about it when he got home from school this afternoon.

realized our tivo was like 25 minutes behind.

Oops! We've been duped by our Tivo a time or two...

James and I were playing softball last night and paused the game to watch the shuttle until it disappeared. We were really surprised how visible it was all the way in Sarasota. We could even see the rocket boosters seperate and watched them fall. Way cool!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom