Spearboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, its been twelve days from my last post in here and Ive heard nothing from spearmax and received no email replys.

In the meantime, why not post your comments/questions here? There's a fairly large number of spearfishermen here as well.

One of the reasons spearboard and spearfishing planet are more ideal places to to post questions is the geographic sub-forums. There are so many different regions that one can spearfish in that all have different techniques, ideal gear, culture, and other considerations that asking the world at large will generally get conflicting answers. This is because most people answer based on what they do in their area or for their target species which are more often than not different from the person asking and therefore of less value to that person.

Nevermind trying to sort through who is knowledgeable and who isn't. On spearboard and spearfishingplanet.com people presenting themselves as "experts" when they are not are much more readily denounced to the community, especially when they are dishonest and caught.

Not that I have an axe to grind with this forum or its moderation on that last point. :wink:

Good points. Of course they're kinda moot if someone can't log in. :wink:

SpearMax has taken care of it.

My SpearBoard login took a couple of tries also.

I live in California. The people I have met and communicated with on SpearBoard California section have been invaluable.

You will often find help on another site called Hawaii Skin Diver. Although it originated in Hawaii it serves speafishermen and SCUBA and skin divers worldwide. You will find that many members have been diving and spearing all over. Sometimes they are playful cautious about sharing info if you are asking for their best spots but the banter is much kinder than you may find elsewhere. Most of the time i find the members their have a lot of aloha and are happy to help with any questions. Good luck.

SpearMax has taken care of it.

My SpearBoard login took a couple of tries also.

I live in California. The people I have met and communicated with on SpearBoard California section have been invaluable.

I think Tony (Spearmax) is pretty much a one man shop. He does a great job. He might be busy. For those that don't know, he, Spearboard and a couple of the witness's to the Rob Murphy tragedy are being sued by the boat operator who ran over and severed Rob's legs a year or two ago. (no need to say alleged as the operator has already been found guilty in a court of law for violating the dive flag statute. He got a $500.00 fine.) Consider what Pete is dealing with here.

Don't give up on Spearboard and Tony Grogan (Spearmax). Great community, great people and Tony is working hard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom