spending and advertising on ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nereas

Contributor
Reaction score
Expat Floridian travelling in the Land of Eternal
# of dives
500 - 999
So far I have spent $7000 on ScubaBoard.

$1000 to Sartek for lights.

$1000 to Oxycheq for wings.

And $5000 to Dive-Xtras for a DPV with extras.

Needless to say, I am not here to find bargains.

I am here to find the best of the best. And this is where you can find that.

Thanks, NetDoc-Pete!

heheheheeh - doesnt it feel good when you buy right the first time round!!

i know we get inundated with the what should i buy or which is better questions but the advise it HELPS so much!!!!

i was only saying to a newbie on monday "how many sets of gear do you want to buy" when he was asking about a particular (low level) setup.... then gently headed him to a more reputatable brand

Why would you need scuba gear anyways?

heheheheeh - doesnt it feel good when you buy right the first time round!!

i know we get inundated with the what should i buy or which is better questions but the advise it HELPS so much!!!!

i was only saying to a newbie on monday "how many sets of gear do you want to buy" when he was asking about a particular (low level) setup.... then gently headed him to a more reputatable brand

Anyone who is new in scuba won't know what works from what does not. Case in point, the Air2. Looks good, works bad.

I am careful these days about what I add to my gear collection.

Still on the list of things to get:

1) metal detector
2) photography & videography
3) helium computer
4) helium sensor

Why do you think the Air2 works bad? Iv'e had mine for years and haven't had a single problem ?

Like any cheap octo, they cannot deliver adequate breathing flow deeper than about 75 ft. Their main application is for instrutors or DMs who are teaching in the narrow range of 40 ft to the surface. Most of my diving is significantly deeper than 75 ft.

If you never need yours deeper than this, then you will "never have a problem."

And if you venture into the realm of the shipwreck or the cave divers, then your Air2 will be simply meaningless.:eyebrow:

I've used discussions on SB to guide a lot of purchases, from making a choice of dry suit to deciding to buy a canister light, and also for choosing dive ops and lodging in various places. There's a wealth of information here, and it's also very beneficial to vendors and operations to have a (non advertising) presence here as well. An operator I talked to in Mexico says he's getting about 25% or more of his business from SB!

I've used discussions on SB to guide a lot of purchases, from making a choice of dry suit to deciding to buy a canister light, and also for choosing dive ops and lodging in various places. There's a wealth of information here, and it's also very beneficial to vendors and operations to have a (non advertising) presence here as well. An operator I talked to in Mexico says he's getting about 25% or more of his business from SB!

Exactly!

That is how I did my trip to Florida as well.

1) Talk to the locals first on S/B;

2) Check out the vendor websites;

3) Phone calls;

4) Make reservations and send deposits.

The experiece was priceless, to be able to go to Florida's most exotic dive locations. Places that are otherwise closely kept secrets by the locals, who only divulge them if you are really polite and carefully ask.

There are lots of great contacts on S/B to find things out and make things work!

I saw the ad in Alert Diver by DAN. Good place to advertise, since almost everyone gets DAN insurance and therefore the free magazine. In Europe, a fair amount of dive ops won't let you dive without a valid DAN card in addition to your C-card. Therefore almost everyone gets the free magazine. I may have seen the ad in some other scuba magazines as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom