Spf ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brssmnky:
Hi Kids, I'm fairly new to diving and have been trying to get wet at least every other weekend, if not every weekend this summer... my question: I am a lilly white Irish boy and the sun has never been too nice to me, so now that I am out a lot... is there a good sunscreen for divers? My problem is that there are many that say "water resistant" but are not very resistant. What do people use? I am still hurting from last weekend & lobster red! :redhot: :furious:

I personally don't like applying all that goop but am not so sun sensitive. The lotion really made a mess of my mask. When I dive tropical locals i keep a hat on and stay in the shade of the dive boat. You could try one of those light suits they have just for sun protection or maybe just a hood of the same material for head protection.

Jason

Thanks to everyone for all the advice...
I don't have so much trouble with the face for some reason it tans over very nicely, it's just the rest of me... thanks again, I'll look into some of these suggestions. :doctor:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom