Spiegel Grove uprighted by Hurricane Dennis !!??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No worries, at least it wasn't "I want to see a tank explode" thread. :D

Okay you all have done it. I have been fallowing this thread, and now I want to go dive this ship. How deep is the deck now? is it in nitrox range or is it to deep for that? who is the best charter to get to it?

I just returned (end of June) from a trip to do a Wreck Cert. with Ocean Divers. I thought they were a great group and would recommend them to all.

I had the pleasure of two dives on the sideways Speigel and now want to return asap for a chance on the 'righted' ship. BTW - my favorite dives were actually on the Duane due to its upright orientation. The Spiegel Grove should be even better with its swimthroughs accessible.

Ray.

AquaHump:
Okay you all have done it. I have been fallowing this thread, and now I want to go dive this ship. How deep is the deck now? is it in nitrox range or is it to deep for that? who is the best charter to get to it?

AquaHump:
Okay you all have done it. I have been fallowing this thread, and now I want to go dive this ship. How deep is the deck now? is it in nitrox range or is it to deep for that?

I haven't dived it, but I read somewhere on this thread(or possibly the one in the FL Conch forum) that the deck is ~80'. Well within Nitrox range(even the common 32 and 36 mixes).

SuPrBuGmAn:
I haven't dived it, but I read somewhere on this thread(or possibly the one in the FL Conch forum) that the deck is ~80'. Well within Nitrox range(even the common 32 and 36 mixes).

You should be able to go all the way to the sand (130 feet) on Nitrox....

with 31%, your PO2 limit would be 1.53, which is "not quite" to 1.6 yet. (but still over 1.4)

to get under 1.4 PO2 and still be able to "play in the sand", you'd need 28% nitrox.

mike_s:

with 31%, your PO2 limit would be 1.53, which is "not quite" to 1.6 yet. (but still over 1.4)

to get under 1.4 PO2 and still be able to "play in the sand", you'd need 28% nitrox.
And why would we want to play in the sand when there’s such a nice ship to play on nearby? :D

mike_s:

imagine this.. 21% Nitrox..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom