Sporasub regulator parts support

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blawler1

Reaction score
Lago Vista, Texas (on Lake Travis outside Austin)
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello. I recently gave my father-in-law one of our Sporasub Matrix regulators to get him started in scuba and wanted to get it serviced for him. I had not had a problem getting it serviced in the past at our local Mares shop, as the owner was quite knowledgeable and readily recognized that it was basically a V16 with the plastic sheath removed and serviced it regularly and never reported a problem getting parts.

When I took the regulator in to another store to get it serviced as this individual had sold his store and moved away, the new store told me that the regulator was not supported and they couldn't get parts for it. Although I told him it was a Mares regulator, he seemed unfamiliar with the brand.

Can one of the Mares folks tell me if service kits are still available for this regulator? How about the Alto Plus which is based on the MR12? Or is it time to shuffle these off to ebay and get him something new.

I am not completely familiar with the Spora reg, short of sending a quick note to our HQ in Italy if it is a V16 than there is no problem to service it. The same for the MR12 as both of these are current products.

If the shop is an authorized Mares dealer just have them drop me a note.

Phil

Back
Top Bottom