S'pore dive gear shops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jensm

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to buy an entry-level dive computer in Singapore next week. Any shop recommendations? I guess competitive prices, wide selection and central location are waht I'm looking for

Thanks,

Jens

try Far East Plaza basement... there are 2 or 3 dive shops there and one can always bargain...

i would advice investing in an Aladin Pro (Uwatec/Scubapro), try to get the older version (gray), it might be cheaper than the newer one (blue)

Gook Luck!

Any idea as to what I'll have to expect to pay for a Suunto Vyper or Gekko?

/Jens

The Vyper is around S$470 the last I saw here. It may have increased lately because of exchange rates. Here is a website of a shop I found in Singapore that sells them but I have no idea how good they are because I have never dealt with that shop (http://www.professionaldivers.com.sg/start.htm). For some strange reason, the Gekkos are much more expensive here. They seem to be priced around S$735 which is amazing since they are not as good a computer by all reports I have heard. Hope it helps.

You could also try Lucky Plaza. Besides there being 3 dive shops there ( Paris Departmental Store being my favourite and the best value), there are also a few watch shops scattered around them that also sell dive computers. I bought my Stinger in one of them

Be prepared to bargain on the price so if you have an idea of what it normally costs you may be able to get a bargain.

I think he meant lucky plaza no dive shops in far east!!!
Stinger SGD780 right now but may be going up real soon

Suunto Gekko for S$700+? I can't imagine that it is far more expensive than Jakarta.

If you're looking for Scubapro Dive Com, try richmond in Concourse building (http://web.singnet.com.sg/~rmond/). The shopkeeper is very friendly, I end up chatting with him for I think 1 hour without buying anything. I return in the next day and bought a ProBlue 3mm full wetsuit.

There are also Oceanic shop in the same building, but no idea about price, etc.

About the shop at Lucky Plaza, I heard that they often sell paralel import stuff. Is there any problem with warranty, etc? Would glad to hear from someone buying from Paris Departemental Shop.

Hi,

Thanks for het help - got a Mosquito from Paris dept store at S$500

/Jens

Forgot to mention - I did a check at the Suunto website, the Paris dept store is listed as an authorized dealer

/Jens

Back
Top Bottom