Spree refit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazyduck:
So, is this Open Circuit no decompression times or are they going to allow us to use no decompression times based on our partial pressure tables….?

You'll be able to run whatever set point you desire (obviously within agency standards) to acheive the best run time you can without spending more time than the OC divers. It's basically going to amount to about an hour to stay on the tight dive schedule. However, the rebreather divers could get more time at the bottom based on first in, last out, and best mix.

PacketSniffer:
You'll be able to run whatever set point you desire (obviously within agency standards) to acheive the best run time you can without spending more time than the OC divers. It's basically going to amount to about an hour to stay on the tight dive schedule. However, the rebreather divers could get more time at the bottom based on first in, last out, and best mix.

Just to stir the pot a little :D

Why do you guys want to use rebreathers on dives that have to be doable on single tank,OC ? It would seem to be an expensive and complex way of doing straightforward dives.

desire to get close to Hammerheads? Practice ? Look Cool ?? :D Annoy Frank? :wink:

Noids don't live as long. Many folks asked (nicely) to bring their rebreathers. After much grinding and gnashing of teeth, we will allow them again on a trial basis this year. As I understand the closed circut units (which I don't much), you can adjust the gas for best bottom times, with no deco. Melanie, Tricia, and I have NEVER checked computers after the divers have gone to bed. If I found someone messin' with my dive gear without me present, I would be sure never to patronize that operation again. I try very hard to treat people the way I would want to be treated if I were paying for the trip.

Tortugas trips will leave from Stock Island (Key West).

You can get Cozumel 7 night packages for about $1100 per person all day long, including 10 dives. Add food, rental car, night dives, nitrox, etc., and the price goes up. I do not try to compete with Cozumel, I don't believe liveaboards can compete with land based operations, unless the ride to diving is along way, like Tortugas or Flower Gardens.

The dive rules are meant to keep everyone diving for the entire trip. Some folks get bunmmed out when the boat goes home early because someone is hurt, although most people understand. We are attempting to cater to the divers who may be more experienced, understand their own physiology as pertains to diving limits, and are willing to pay the price to lose fewer rig dives because of novice divers on the boat who can't be trusted in an essentially bottomless environment. For those diving nitrox, the price difference is $40 from the Fling. Many newly certified divers will not pay the difference, so hopefully more rig dives will be offered.

Awap, for sure take your wife to Cozumel. I think you told me once that liveaboard wasn't for her anyway. We will still smile and wave, and maybe Melanie will get to pick you up in the dingy. Oh, we are not penalizing for pony bottle use this year either. Many of the dive rules have changed. I would love to get rid of them altogether, but I am afraid our hurt diver rate would go up.

divewookie:
Awap, for sure take your wife to Cozumel. I think you told me once that liveaboard wasn't for her anyway. We will still smile and wave, and maybe Melanie will get to pick you up in the dingy. Oh, we are not penalizing for pony bottle use this year either. Many of the dive rules have changed. I would love to get rid of them altogether, but I am afraid our hurt diver rate would go up.

As you know, she does get a little up-tight over my trips to FGB so I have to put up a gallent defense for each trip. Now that I am retired, I can fortify that defense with the cost savings of weekday trips. I like the new wording on pony bottles. I guess if you run into problems with it, you can always toughen it up a bit.

Packetsniffer tried it a year ago and wasn't too turned off.

divewookie:
Packetsniffer tried it a year ago and wasn't too turned off.

I don't know. I don't think Dean has forgiven me for the Brisket comment.

ianr33:
Just to stir the pot a little :D

Why do you guys want to use rebreathers on dives that have to be doable on single tank,OC ? It would seem to be an expensive and complex way of doing straightforward dives.

desire to get close to Hammerheads? Practice ? Look Cool ?? :D Annoy Frank? :wink:

I can assure you it's not to look cool. :shakehead

To be proficient with your gear, you must dive it. The type of diving I am into does not lend itself to someone who is unsure of his/her abilities.

It's why you will see me wearing a dry suit 95% of the time. Unless the bottom water is 82 or more, I'll be diving dry because it provides me with the experience and honing needed when the sheet hits the fan. Deep wreck diving and caving can be unforgiving environments. You wouldn't last if you were diving Comelia B Windiate (~250ffw) in cold Lake Huron with stiff current and obligated deco with a handful of dives on a dry suit.

P.S.
I do good to annoy Capt. Frank anyway. :D

Teknadv3x:
Check out:http://www.divesouthpadre.com/divetrips.html

Also know where there is a used MEg. for sale. Pm me for contact imfo.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I just wish we had some nice wrecks (a destroyer or two for example) that we could hit from the Spree/Fling. I'd love to see wreck-only trips from the Spree/Fling where I didn't have to haul my gear onto a plane and be subjected to weight restrictions. It would conveniently afford more practice from our backyard that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. It's just a dream.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Meg. However, there's a serial number with my name on it already. :eyebrow:

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom