Spring-Springfest @ Vortex April 19th and 20th '08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Look's like its going to be a cruise control type of trip. See everyone there.

right now I heard on the radio that they were doing it statewide, but apparently the only news story for this week focuses on Cullman County and I-65 area in that county.

I'll check again and post updates for all if it's only specific to a certain area.

BTW... I think the speeding ticket cost is about $165 now. Last I got they also wrote me for my drivers license being expired (two week previous), and my insurance card being out of date and my address not being up to date. Luckily I just got a warning for two of them, but he still wrote me for speeding and the drivers license at $165 each. (got out of the drivers license fine as Alabama has a 60 day grace period ot renew your license :D)

They will proble be doing something like this in Ga. and Fl. as well. Quite a few trip back this year they had them line up like that on I95.

They will proble be doing something like this in Ga. and Fl. as well. Quite a few trip back this year they had them line up like that on I95.

When they used to have "FreakNik" (sp?) in Atlanta, I've never seen so many Georgia State troopers pulling the kids over heading to it. Party goers caused so much damage and they had to pay so much police overtime, they pulled everyone over that they though was going to it.

I've never seen so many state troopers in my life though. Sitting right at the state line pulling everyone who looked like they might be attending over.

Ok... If you guys get pulled over on the way to SpringFest, here's a list items to help you when talking to the cop. (My personal favories are #3 and #5 :rofl3:)

12 Things Not to Say to a Cop When You Get Pulled Over​

1. I can't reach my license unless you hold my beer.
  2. Sorry, Officer, I didn't realize my radar detector wasn't plugged in.
  3. Aren't you the guy from the Village People?
  4. Hey, you must've been doin' about 125 mph to keep up with me. Good job!
  5. Are you Andy or Barney?
  6. I thought you had to be in relatively good physical condition to be a police officer.
  7. You're not gonna check the trunk are you?
  8. I pay your salary!
  9. Gee, Officer! That's terrific. The last officer only gave me a warning too!
  10. Do you know why you pulled me over? Okay, just so one of us does.
  11. I was trying to keep up with traffic. Yes, I know there are no other cars around. That's how far ahead of me they are.
  12. When the Officer says "Gee Son...Your eyes look red, have you been drinking?", you probably shouldn't respond with, "Gee Officer your eyes looked glazed, have you been eating donuts?"

BTW... I think the speeding ticket cost is about $165 now.
Stand by for the real price... :11: when that moving violation makes it to your insurance company your rates will most likely go up... and for a few years. Total cost of a speeding ticket can be several thousand dollars.
Rick

So it looks like I am going to get to Vortex on Friday night instead of Saturday afternoon. I need to offload some stuff so I have room to actually use my dive gear out of the back of my Explorer.

Does anyone have spare space on their campsite? I have a 11 x 12 tent. I will probably be arriving mid afternoon tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!

Ok... I called the local state trooper office to find out for everyone here and they are only doing this for Cullman County (North Alabama), but I-65 runs through it.

So anyone headed between the Tenn State line and B'ham on I-65 will be at risk.

This is the area affected noted on the map. (below). They have over 50 state troopers that will be covering this area this weekend.

images

Didn't mean to alarm the rest of the folks, but the news reports this morning said for the state. (of course we can't trust the news media most of the time. but then again the woman at the state trooper office could have lied also and be sitting back laughing too....)

Jim,

I'll be arriving about the same time.
I'm in campsite #1.
You're welcome to share, but let me get set up first.

the K

Jim,

I'll be arriving about the same time.
I'm in campsite #1.
You're welcome to share, but let me get set up first.

the K

Hey Kraken,

don't you always get the campsite thats up closest to the water? I think that's #1

Some guy pulled into that spot around lunchtime with a big 5th wheel camper and was unloading lots of bbq grills, dive stuff, canopies, etc. Looks like he's going to be staying a while.... like over the weekend at least...

hmmm.... :confused look:

D'oh! Couldn't resist a good joke after you lost your campsite last time..... Happy late April Fools.

Back
Top Bottom